Percy Jackson: High School Gone Wrong

• Dedicated to high schoolers

Sometimes Our Minds Work Against Us...

Chapter Twenty-Five: Percy Jackson; high school gone wrong...

Warning: Drugs, bullying, self harm, and thievery are all in this chapter and I condone none of them, please do not attempt ANY of the material below, thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: So this has been an idea of mine for awhile, from all the PJO goes to High School stories, you know the "Oh Percy he's so hot and oh my god will you go out with me Percy?" And "PERCY I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!" and well, this is my take on those, and yeah don't hurt me kay?

~~~~~

I walk the halls, the gray sky pelting down through the tall windows of the modern school building and I watch as they catch a glimpse of me. Some were of pity, some were of disgust. I hated those looks, if they didn't like what they saw they could keep it to themselves. Sure, I had scars, that didn't give them the right to look at me like that. I pull my long sleeved shirt down over my thumbs and pull my hood up, not in the mood for more looks. However, it's quite hard to hide when you are six foot three in a high school where most people top out at five nine.

I slide through the lunch line, pulling down the sleeves three times and put in my code with one sad look from the lunch lady. I grab a fork and walk out of the cafeteria, and out beside it around a corner and away from prying eyes. I sit down at the loading dock and taste the stir fry. Ew.

Shaking my head I let the paper tray slip from my fingers into the mass dumpster along with my carton of milk. I hop off the concrete slab and walk past the large green dumpster. Walking towards the 'ninth grade academy' I take a left and head on towards the track. No one was out there, of course. Track didn't start for another month and football season had been over for three months. The place was a waste land.

Hoping easily over the fense I skid down the hill and do a tumble roll onto the big brown field. Walking towards the home stands I already see the smoke of the other members of my small group.

I climb down underneath the stands and take my seat at one of the benches looking at the other kids. A goth kid who hadn't told his name and was a freshman obviously, a sophomore who went by Piper who was here only for a free smoke, and the other sophomore Frank, he was uncomfortable here but he was nice.

They pass me the joint and I take a long drag holding it and passing it to Piper. We did NOT give any to the Freshman, he's to young. Plus he was already on a ton of drugs, we didn't want to add any.

"So, you gonna tell us your name?" Piper asks the short boy across from me, he shakes his head and pops another pill from his orange container. Frank rolls his eyes, he has a serious anxiety problem so this helps him for the day.

Piper is really cool, and pretty, but she just kinda hides out in this place not doing anything. If she really wanted to I'm positive that she could be one of the popular kids. Heck I've seen the football players looking at her, but mostly just one. Jason Grace, he's the perfect little 'all American boy'. Blonde, blue eyed, captain of the football team, and of course one of the 'hottest guys' in school.

His sister is pretty cool though, but she doesn't like guys, actually she despises them, at least after her boyfriend committed suicide. She's older than Jason and all of us actually, she's a sophomore in college. Her boyfriend's little sister is nice. Quiet, distant, but extremely smart, she goes by her dad's last name like her brother went by his, their mom...well yeah she wasn't the best lady. She was a wreck after Luke, the boy, died. It was actually Annabeth, the little sister, who found him.

It's crazy it really is, we were all in Elementary school when it happened, fifth grade, so really it was the first time any of us had known about death other than our pets. She was gone for a few days and her older sister would pick her up from school instead of her mom. We had been friends, but that had been a long time ago.