54: The World Doesn't Revolve Around You pt. 1

Sometimes Our Minds Work Against Us...

54: The World Doesn't Revolve Around You

-

-

A/N: So this is another AU, with High School, YAY!!! I know I said I would do this awhile ago but I kinda had problems with what I originally wrote so now I'm just scrapping that and doing a new PART TWO! so YAY, Hope you like it!!!

-

-

-

Sitting at the top of the bleachers you wouldn't have guessed that practice was starting soon, the entire place was a wasteland. The grass was still brown and the other players were still cooped up in the locker room, claiming it warmer and nicer in there. However, being surrounded by a bunch of morons sweating like pigs did not sound fun, especially when they were in a twenty by twenty room and there were about sixty of them.

So taking a chance he had stepped outside and the cool breeze was much better to him than the hot moldy smell of the locker room.

So when he heard people laughing he began to look, taking in the unkemptness of the field as it was trailing off into the track that surrounded it in its weird dead like state. Walking as quietly, as one can on all metal bleachers, he walked to the opposite side of the metal emptiness, underneath him he knew the concession stand being filthy, because it hadn't been cleaned yet, and a bunch of junk that would be hauled off once the season began.

Getting down onto his belly he took the chance to stick his head underneath one of the benches where a small group of people sat laughing with rosey cheeks and red eyes. The larger dark haired boy passes something small and gray to the brunette on the other side and when they put it to their lips it burned crimson for a moment before they let out a smoke ring, abruptly hitting Jason in the face.

"Hey!" He calls down at the group, a little mad that they were doing this at school, and then to boot where his team did their training.

The seven people looked up and froze staring at him, "Dude..." A curly haired tan boy said laughing a little at the end, "IT'S A TALKING HEAD!"

After a moment Jason realized, they're high...!

"OH SHIT" He looked, and saw that it was Piper, the girl he had tried to ask out the previous year, she stood up and tried to run but quickly fell down, laughing hysterically. Slowly five of the other six join in but the seventh, a smaller, paller, dark haired boy still stares at him as if thinking very seriously, or trying to think through the fog of drugs he had probably taken, to figure out what Jason was doing.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING!" The very recognizable sound of a screaming coach knocked the 'sillies' out of them, as his sister would have said when he was younger, all seven bolted, even the dark haired boy.

Pulling his own head from the bleachers Jason makes his way back towards the field, ignoring the strange feeling in his gut as he pulled the rest of the team from the warmth of the locker room and into the early spring air of upstate New York.

-

-

-

**

Running with the other six on his heels he felt exhilarated by the cool air brushing against his face feet barely touching the pavement as he ran. Hair flying from his eyes as he kept running and running and when he reached Percy's truck he was panting but felt exhilarated. The other six came a little slower but still at jogs, Annabeth, Percy's new girl friend, would be driving, since she had not had anything and was only there the last few minutes to deal with the last joint's smoke, which was one of Leo's so was much weaker than the stuff that Piper could get a hold of.