The Exchange of Notes

Why would you leave me alone like this?! Why would you just leave and never say goodbye?! Do you think you were helping me by doing this? Did you think this would be good for me? Just disappearing and not even saying goodbye. How could you?

You never even tried to explain yourself. You thought that it was such a good plan to go and leave me alone, you didn't even realize how much you were loved. How many people will be destroyed because you are gone. You never thought that we did, but we did. We loved you so much and you left before we could even have a chance to explain it to you. You wore that damned coat, every single day and we couldn't even tell. You were pale, always pale so when you got a little paler how were we supposed to know?

Maybe you thought we all hated you, but you didn't realize that I loved you. I loved you so much, and I know that I should have been there for you more. I should have protected you more. I broke my promise to your sister and now I'll pay for that. She told me to protect you, and you told me to protect her. I guess I've failed you both now...

We...I...I didn't realize that, that I was hurting you so much. I didn't realize that I was hurting you to this point. I wouldn't--I never...I never wanted to do this to you. We didn't realize and that's the worst part. For days. We didn't realize that you were de--gone. It was worse than you would have thought, Hazel found you. I'm not sure you know that or not but yeah she was destroyed. Strike that fucking bulldozed, smashed to pieces, shredded and yeah lost, that's more accurate about how she is right now.

I never wanted to hurt you, if you had just...If I had just...if she had just... I don't know. It could have gone so different but it didn't... It didn't have to end like this. You know if you had just, well if I had just... Haha, I'm repeating myself again. The Hades cabin is being taken care of, I dust it every day and clean up the soot from the Greek Fire. Man that stuff makes a ton of soot. I never realized the ceiling was so beautiful, what with all those diamonds put in making the constellations.

Hazel is screaming again, Frank is helping her through it but everytime we talk about you being...gone, well she freaks. She is in complete dinyal.

It was...freaky, seeing you just sitting there. Your eyes were open. Then again, so were your wrists... You looked so different like that, I never realized, not really, just how skinny you were. You were like a toothpick dude. I didn't want you to be gone. Even though the blood had long since drained I tried to, I don't even know I think I covered it with a towel, I told you to stay with me, to breathe I think. I'm not sure. It's just kind of a blur.

We found your note... I'm so sorry. It's taken me about three days to write this note back. I really am so freaking sorry. I didn't realize. I really really didn't. I know no one else did either, but...I should have... I should have helped you. I read that Jason knew. That he was the only one who knew.

When we asked him about it, well he completely denied it. He wanted to keep your secrete till the bitter end. So don't be mad at him, he really tried to deny it. He tried to keep the secrete till the end, till the last minute. I--I know it was mean but I sucker punched him when I found out he knew. Right in the noise. I did it because, well I thought if I had known that I could have helped.

Anyway, I wanted to say that you were the best dude, you are loved, we all miss you, and that I'm sorry I couldn't have helpped.

~~Percy Jackson

I fold the letter and push it into my pocket. Looking up at the man in all black he is expresionless. His pale skin glows eerily like a skeleton and his crown of matching white bone is placed on his head. "We got it as a sacrifice asking for it to be delivered to you." He turns and disapears. I sit down on the cool green grass that surrounds me I look at the crystal blue water and trees that surround it. It was blissful as the small waves swished across the sandy bank and the trees swayed in the breeze. I couldn't completely enjoy it though, because I knew above my head was Hazel crying and screaming because her brother was gone. Percy was cleaning (that in itself was terrifying) but I cleared that from my mind, it doesn't matter anymore just enjoy your new life.