Chapter Twenty-Eight: Hazel Levesque; Music

Sometimes Our Minds Work Against Us....

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Hazel Levesque; Music

~~

Since coming back from Hades Hazel realized she had missed seventy one years up on earth, and man, she had to admit she had missed a lot. She had to agree, the cloth choices that had gone by.... well lets just use, interesting.

However, what most of the seven didn't know was she loved the development of the music. Sure, there wasn't as much swing jazz as she would have liked but there were some new genres she truly enjoyed. And she had to admit her own guilty pleasure was the 80s rock n' roll and plain old rock.

She couldn't really listen to much music on the Argo II, but back in New Rome she had almost ever vinyl record of ever band she could have found. Sure, she didn't get to listen to them when others were around, because, well whats odder than 40s Hazel listening to 'Cherry Pie'. (She blushed the entire time, but she did enjoy the beat.)

Sure, the guys tried to catch her up, Nico and Frank tried to both show her all the new games, so basically Myth-O-Magic, but at one point Frank taught her Uno. Leo was getting her to try every fast food joint ever as they traveled across Europe, well what he could grab and bring back. Percy was bringing up all the Disney movies, he seemed very interested in those, even when Annabeth told her it was mostly little kids who watched those. Annabeth told her about all the new types of architecture and would go on for about an hour before she realized she hadn't let Hazel ask a single question. Piper would tell her about the Cherokee history mostly, I think because she really didn't want to be the stereotypical Aphrodite girl. However, after about a week of sword training Hazel finally demanded that she know how did her hair like that, well that just starts an entire makeup tutorial from Piper, which is perfectly fine with Hazel.

The only thing that no one would tell her about was the music. She had missed 70 years of music and no one thought that she would want to listen to any of it? I mean sure she had listened to it all almost immediately after getting back but still no one was even going to ask?

So when it is Leo's turn on guard she goes into the engine room and fishes around till she finds what she was looking for. A small radio that Leo periodically played spanish tunes from in the middle of the night.

Hazel kept the volume low till she found what she was looking for, "It's the eye of the tiger, the thrill of the fight, risin up to the challenge of our rivals, as the last known survivor stalks the prey of the night, and hes watching us all in the....EYE of the tiger"

The music is suddenly blasting and Hazel is singing along right with it, the door opens to show four surprised faces, and two grinning ones. Hazel, however, doesn't notice them because she is rocking out, jumping up and down freeze dancing and her hair flying ever other way to the music blasting through the large boat.

When the song ends, a voice clears it's voice loudly, turning on her heel Hazel blushes deeply seeing the rest of the crew. The radio goes back to static as the ship goes back over ocean and losses the radio signal.

The loud crackling is shut off by a quick turn of the knob by Hazel and the other two girls just smile at her.

"Nice choice," Piper complements. "But it's your turn on guard so, if you'll just head upstairs now?" Hazel nods, lightly fanning her face out of embarrassment.

During her shift Nico comes up from below decks and stands beside her silently, they don't say anything to each other, until Nico clears his throat, "Have you heard 'what a wonderful world' by Joey Ramone?"

She holds back a giggle and shakes her head, he nods, "I have the vinyl and a record player if you would like to listen to it later, it's a pretty good song." Hazel nods giving his arm a small squeeze, "That would be lovely."

Piper later asks if she would like to hear 'One Way or Another' because she has it on her Ipod and says its a great girl song; Percy offers to let her borrow his CD and his portable walkman so she could listen to his ACDC collection; Frank shows her the 'Smoke On The Water' music video while they are stopped for a little while and can use a stores computer; and well at one point she walks in on Leo dancing to 'Cherry Pie' in the engine room.

The Argo II has music blaring out of each room, and well, it's a nice change from the dead silence with periodical bumps and explosions from the engine room.