1. New Job

Background: You were working at Kineros Robotics when you get promoted to a new assistant position. You hear from coworkers that your new boss is ruthless and they call her the "Purple Dragon." Will you be able to survive her rathe?

⚠️TW⚠️: Anxious reader and crying.

Y/n = your name
Y/n/n = your nickname
Italics = reader thoughts

💖Reader Pov💖

I wake up early today excited and anxious. I finally got the promotion I've been wanting for the past two years. I usually see people come and go who take on the HR assistant position, but I'm different. I've wanted that position forever knowing I could do a way better job than who the to crack heads are hiring, but they just now considered me.

I'm grateful I got the position, but ever since I got the news my coworker Jessie has been telling me all these rumors about the HR personnel. She said that HR is no joke and that a cruel woman named Ms. Venable runs everything. Jessie said Ms. Venable enjoys watching people suffer at their job and loves to nit pick every little thing you do. She referred to Ms. Venable as "The Purple Dragon" which made my stomach drop considering I love the color purple but if this woman is anything like Jessie says then I think I'll stuck to yellow from here on out. I've been worried ever since because I've never heard Jessie talk about anyone that way. Ever! Hearing the concern and panic in her voice as she told me made it worse.

I started brushing my teeth and taking a cold shower to wake me up. I got out and immediately started doing my hair. I put my hair in a cute up do and started doing my makeup, making sure I looked fabulous on my first day as HR's assistant. I picked out a beautiful purple outfit that will hopefully get me good points with Ms. Venable. I drank two cups of coffee grabbed my purse and laptop then set off to work.
(Your outfit)

I drove with shaking hands feeling my anxiety kick in fast

I drove with shaking hands feeling my anxiety kick in fast. What if she hates the outfit? What if she thinks I'm trying to hard? Am I trying to hard? What if she hates me?! I'm snapped out of my thoughts when someone honks at me. I drive and arrive at work. I step out of the car grab my stuff and head in to sign in with Jessie. "Good morning Y/n/n!" She smiled as she flipped to my page on the sign in paper work.

"Morning Jessie. Big day for me." I sounded anxious and uneasy. Jessie gave me a reassuring smile that made me lighten up a bit. I started to walk down the long corridor to Ms. Venable's office. My heels echoing through the hallway. As I got closer my stomach started to twist. Don't freak out Y/n, you got this. Once J reached the door I knocked two times and waited for an answer.

"Come in." Her voice sounded so nice for some reason. Even though it was strict it had a security for me. I open the door and step inside.

"H-Hi I'm Y/n. I'm your new assistant." I was shaking because of how nervous I was. I don't know why I was so anxious when I usually am able to keep it under control. Something about her was so intimidating to me. Maybe it was her posture or maybe it was the way she was looking at me, but I also felt a certain attraction to her. Her beautiful brown eyes, her full lips. I don't know what I was feeling but it's making my head spin.

"Well Y/n, your late. Your office is the second door to the right. Start working." Her voice was so harsh but so angelic. Y/n stop it! She is literally your boss. I thanked her and left the room as fast as possible. She scared me and I liked it for some odd reason. I went into my new office set my laptop down and started working. A couple hours go by when I get a call.

"Hello? Ms. Venable's assistant." I don't know who would be calling me on my first day. Usually the calls don't start until the next day.

"Come to my office now." It was Ms. Venable. I froze. She sounded kinda angry. My heart was pounding loudly as I mustered up the courage to answer.

"Y-Yes Ms. Venable. I'll be right there." I hung up and walked to my office door. My anxiety flared up when I heard her angry voice on the phone. When I touched the door nob to exit my office it was shaking badly. My hands were shaking terribly fast and I couldn't stop. I walked out into the hallway and I got light headed. My head started spinning and a million thoughts were coming and going. It was terribly overwhelming. I continued to her office and knocked.

"Come in." She sounded pissed. I opened the door and slipped inside. I stayed at the door though. I refused to get any closer. She looked up when she realized I wasn't moving. I looked down to avert her gaze but that only made things worse. "Hurry up and sit down! I don't have all day." I followed her order and sat down in the chair right in front of her desk.

"M-Ms. Venable? Why did you call me ti your office?" I was scared of the answer. I started bouncing my leg to help me calm down. It was tapping cause of my heels and I could tell Ms. Venable was getting annoyed.

"I called you here because I need you to do my schedule, now stop that terrible tapping!" I jumped a little at how loud she got. Tears pricked at my eyes, but I knew crying would either get me fired or Ms. Venable will start ti dislike me more than she already does I assume. Ms. Venable's eyes softened a bit when she saw the tears threatening to leave my eyes. I looked down and one of the tears slipped out. At this point I was shaking so bad I looked terrible. Ms. Venable finally noticed the shaking and her eyes completely softened. "Are you alright?" She got up and walked around the desk and towered over me.

"I-I'm fine. I'll go work in your schedule right now." I tried to get up and exit the room, but she stopped me before I made it to the door. I turned around to face her but I kept my eyes glued to the floor. Thats when I finally noticed the cane. She uses a cane? I wonder why? My curiosity made my mind stop for just a second. I was relaxing now, but I still wanted to cry. i don't know why, but when she yelled at me I felt like a disappointment. It's weird cause I just met her. I felt a soft hand guide my head upward and I finally made eye contact with Ms. Venable once again. The tears started flowing like a river and I pulled away from her hand.

"Y/n what's wrong? I'm not mad, okay?" I nodded, but I was still crying. She opened her arm to me which caught me off guard. I still decided to hug her though. Her arm wrapped around my waist tightly. It was so soothing. I stopped crying and pulled away. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" I wiped my face dry and took a deep breath.

"I have severe anxiety. When I came in today I was very anxious and seeing your upset face when I walked in just gave me the worst rush of my life. When you yelled at me though.... I-I felt as if you were disappointed in me or something." I looked down, but Ms. Venable grabbed my face. With her soft hand.

"Don't look down. I want you to always look me in the eyes, okay?" I nodded and snuggled into her hand. She was a little surprised by this but she didn't take her hand away. "If you ever feel anxious again and it gets worse come talk to me I'll help you, and I'm sorry for my angry tone... I was already pissed off from earlier." I was shocked she apologized. Maybe she isn't so bad after all.

"Thank you." I kissed her cheek and walked over to the door. I took a glance at her and she was blushing. Aw she's so pretty when she blushes. I giggled a little. "I'll get started on your schedule Ms. Venable." And with that I left the room.

Word count: 1465

💜Authors note💜
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I kinda based it off of me cause I have bad anxiety and I would probably have a breakdown if Ms. Venable yelled at me so ya. I hope you like my writing and I'll update as much as possible. XX The Author.