20. Here Comes Santa Claus

Word Count:1613

💜A/N💜
Thank you soooo much for the Christmas prompt @littlemissfranzi!!!!! I'm glad someone requested a Christmas prompt. Anyways by request it's a soft/fluffy one-shot about Mina and Reader having their first Christmas together, and I'm so sorry this is REALLY late. School is hell right now so I finally got around to do this. 🥲
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/N Pov

Snow covered everything in sight while I peered out the office window. It was like a winter wonderland out there and it was only the beginning of December. I faxed some papers over to accounting as I stared of into the view. I spaced out for a while until I heard someone clear their throat, making me leave immediately. I walked slowly as I listened to the music playing over the speakers. Of course Christmas classics were on and I was already in the mood for some hot chocolate.

Making my way casually to the elevator to head back to my office I think about what the holidays will be like. I've been dating Ms Venable for six months and I might actually be falling in love, but that's a foreign word to Wilhemina. It's our first Christmas together and it slightly makes me nervous. I want it to be perfect yet I can't think of a good gift to give her or what we're gonna be doing. I can't just ask her it's supposed to be a surprise, but then again I can't surprise her if I don't know what she wants. While going up the elevator I get lost in thought. By the time I snap back to reality the elevator doors are closing and I'm quick to open the and step out.

"Good afternoon Ms. Y/l/n, wonderful weather we're having." I hear one of the many security guards greet me as I nervously laugh while walking down the hall to my office, waving to the kind gentlemen. As I reach my office I'm stopped by the very familiar tapping of my girlfriend's cane coming my way. I turn around immediately to meet her.

"Hello Ms. Y/l/n. Did you fax the papers over like I asked?" I smiled and nodded before turning back around to open my office door, letting Ms Venable inside.

"Yes I did and accounting should sort out everything. Is there anything else you came to me for?" My voice is slightly suggestive and Ms Venable shuts the door. Before I know it I'm backed up and sat on top of my desk making out with my girlfriend. This happens pretty often, but we never go to far. I swear, when that door closes she's a different person. She's sweet and soft and doesn't treat me like everyone else. I let myself enjoy the moment as our kisses go from fast and messy to slow and sensual. My hand went up to Mina's cheek while her free hand found my waist. It felt like we were like this for hours, but it was only minutes. Mina's lips felt so soft and lush against mine.

Soon we both pulled away for air and I leaned my head on Mina's shoulder as she had to stand up straight to get the proper air flow she needed. The hand on my waist moved to the back of my head and started playing with my hair. "I enjoy these moments we have together Y/n.  It's something I look forward to everyday when we leave for work." My face can't help but gleam with a smile as I look up at my lover who looks gorgeous as always. Her hair is still perfect, not a hair out of place while her makeup is on point, not one smudge across those beautiful lips.

"Mina I enjoy the time we spend together too, which reminds me. Christmas is coming up. Our first official Christmas together as a couple. Aren't you excited?" As I spoke Mina just nodded along until I mentioned our Christmas together. I could sense she tensed up as the hand stroking my head while playing with my hair stopped just for a couple of seconds before continuing its movements. I looked up for a moment and Mina just half smiled at me before kissing the too of my head. I wrapped my arms around her waist as we just sit in each each other's arms. As we sat there I started rambling on about Christmas and what not and it only made Mina get closer to me as humanly possible. I sensed something about Christmas got under her skin, but she sure as hell stopped showing it after that tiny slip up.

"Okay maybe we should get back to work. Y/n please let go." I groaned as my wonderful, amazing, gorgeous girlfriend pulled away from my arms. She looked at me and laughed softly before caressing my cheek. "I'll see you after our shifts are over, okay? Then we can, I suppose, talk about this Christmas business you appreciate so much." The last sentence seemed slightly sarcastic, but Wilhemina is always sarcastic. It's a main part pf her personality aside from being a bitch and loving purple.

Later on when both of our shifts had ended I headed to the car early so I could stand out in the beautiful white snow. Was it freezing? Hell yes it was. Was it worth it? Also yes. The snow was perfect. It wasn't too much and it wasn't too little. I could quite literally see the snowflakes falling down onto my hands as I held them out to collect as many snowflakes as possible. Soon I heard the clicking of my girlfriend's cane and the car unlocked. I got inside setting my things down in between my legs on the floor. Mina got in soon after and the radio was already playing Christmas music.

(You can play the music now if you want)

"So I know we just got off work, but I've been thinking about what we're gonna do for Christmas this year. Our first official Christmas has to be the best Christmas of your life we can..." I started to rant on and on about what I was thinking we could do for Christmas as Mina just drove. I listed off a number of things we could do for Christmas like throw a party, invite friends over, sit and watch Christmas movies, and so many other fun ideas. Ih and I couldn't forget decorating. I know it's a little late since it's already December, but I can make it work.

I started to slow down and Mina seemed to be distant or distracted. She was just nodding and humming in agreement to everything which is definitely not Wilhemina Venable behavior. I glanced over at her hands on the wheel. How they tensed up ever so often. "Mina? You okay? I know this is a lot, but I want you to have the best Christmas ever." She just nodded and kept her eyes on the road, not paying me any attention. Soon I just went silent, the tension growing so thick I could cut it with a knife. I just listened to the music as the car ride seemed to stretch on. Then we hit afternoon traffic and Mina hates traffic.

Her frustrated sighs along with her gripping the steering wheel were clear signs she was about to blow. She blows up at traffic all the time, but she doesn't road rage or drive like a maniac. She just cusses and hits the wheel sometimes, also straining her back which just gets her even more pissed. I moved my hand to her lap, gently rubbing her thigh up and down over her skirt. This usually calms her down, but I could tell something else made her pissed. I turned off the radio as we made it to a complete stop in traffic. "Mina what's wrong? And don't you just say it's the traffic because you've been practically ignoring me since we left work. We don't have to do Christmas this year if you don't want."

"No, I do. I do want to have a special Christmas with you Y/n." Of course her tone seemed a little sarcastic as usual when she gets defensive.

"Oh really? Mina you haven't said a word to me about it until now. I never actually agreed on what we're doing and to be perfectly honest it seems like you hate this holiday."

"I do not hate Christmas! I- Oh my god. Look Y/n, I don't hate Christmas. I've never had a real Christmas before, okay. My family may have been well off, but as far as they're concerned I'm just the disabled one who used all their money for treatments so Christmas was never a real holiday for me. I know you want this to be the best Christmas for me, for us, but I don't even know where to start. I'm new to this."

"Oh Mina, why didn't you ever tell me this before? Look we can have a nice relaxing Christmas if you want. We could watch movies in matching Pajamas, sleep on the couch, and drink hot cocoa. Does that sound nice?"

"It sounds perfect, as long as no one else is coming."

"Of course my love. Just you and me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Took me long enough but I did it.
I hope you enjoyed and sorry for my absence.
With school and extracurricular activities I ended up getting sick and it's winter break so not fun.
But I used my last brain cell to write this so Marry Christmas and happy New Year!!
Bye Bye💜💜💜💜💜