11. Hello Ms Venable

Word Count: 2553

Trigger Warnings: little bit of cussing and mainly flirting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/N Pov

It had been two months into my senior year of college. I was struggling financially to say the least and everything around me just seemed to fall apart. My English teacher quit last week and we're supposed to be getting a replacement today. It's currently two in the morning and I'm struggling to sleep since the first semester is coming to a close. I lost my friends, I lost my mother, I lost my job, and now I lost my only way of getting through English. As I toss and turn I didn't notice how heavy my eye lids were, they slowly engulfed my vision in darkness as I fell asleep for what felt like ten minutes before the annoying beeps from my alarm clock rang threw my dorm room. I rolled over smacking it before dragging myself out of bed. I dragged myself to the bathroom brushing my teeth and preparing for another miserable day.

As I looked out my bathroom window I saw the gloomy clouds looming over every busy person running around. College students running to lectures. Late teachers getting to their rooms. Where was I? In my bathroom, going to be late. Well not that late due to the distance between my dormitory and my English Lecture hall. I quickly got dressed and threw my bag over my shoulder before grabbing my laptop. I got my shoes on and headed out.

(Your Outfit)

As I walked down the stairs of my dormitory I saw a nice looking car pull up into the parking lot as I pushed the heavy doors open

As I walked down the stairs of my dormitory I saw a nice looking car pull up into the parking lot as I pushed the heavy doors open. It was purple with tinted windows, masking who was inside. I unconsciously stared as I slowly walked around the parking lot, staring through the fence. Never seen this car before, they must be my new professor. I almost tripped in the process as I watched a tall slender woman step out of the vehicle. Her bright red hair in a high ponytail as her back was to me. Her outfit was completely purple. From her fingerless gloves, right down to the heel.She also had a cane which struck my curiosity. I wonder why she would need that? This mystery woman parked facing out towards the other cars instead of facing the fence so being behind her I felt like a weirdo just standing and staring. Suddenly she turned to face me, seeming to reach for the back door handle. Her deep brown chocolate eyes met my (Y/E/C) ones. For a second the world had stopped as her gaze pierced mine. I broke contact, quickly walking away as she grabbed her bag from her back seat. I felt heat rise to my cheeks for the first time in months. I would be lying if I didn't say I was interested in her, maybe attracted but she's most definitely a professor making her off limits to me.

I approached my English hall standing with the others who crowed outside, waiting to be let in by our new professor. Just as I made my way to the front of the group I saw her. The fiery redhead woman walking up to us. Damn it. If only she wasn't my professor. Now that her face was in perfect view I studied her now more visible features. Her lushes lips, stunning cheekbones, and deep brown captivating eyes all complimented her well. Her nose looked sculpted to perfection by the gods, making the way her purple glasses fell to the tip look dreamy. As she finally made her way to us she banged her cane twice on the ground making everyone jump and go silent. We all backed up right away as she made her way to the door, opening it just as the bell rang. As she walked in we all followed behind, sitting in any seat that was available. When we were all seated she then again banged her cane on the ground making everyone go silent again. "Hello everyone, I'm Ms Venable, you're new English professor. Due to your teacher's sudden resignationI have taken it upon myself to check what she assigned to you before she left. With that in mind I'm going to ask everyone to hand in their hand written essays on the book The One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest." As Ms Venable spoke her voice seemed harsh and unforgiving. It gave me chills. Her voice wasn't even the worst part, as she spoke I felt like she was constantly glancing at me, I could be paranoid but I just kept feeling watched.