15. Moving in together

Word Count: 2602

💜A/N💜
Hello everyone!! I'm very glad my first request came in from the very nice reader @T10378!! There are no trigger warning due to the request for pure fluff so enjoy!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Y/N Pov

It's been one long week and I'm exhausted. Me and my wonderful girlfriend Wilhemina have been putting in so much effort at work that I think it's taking a toll on us. We both decided to take a day off, but we also still have things to get done. We finally decided to love in together. Well, I'm moving in with her. Her house is just gorgeous and I love it. It's better than being in a crappy studio apartment that's for sure.

As I woke up early at 5:00 AM I got completely prepared for the day ahead. I knew I was going to be doing most of the lifting, but I don't own much. Just some antique stuff and my clothes along with my devices. My apartment was cleaned out last week so I've been sleeping on the floor on a makeshift bed I made out of my pillows and comforters. I knew Wilhemina's been stressed lately so I decided not to bother her. The only time we ever interacted was at work and now I'm thinking my plan to give her space back fired. She tends to overthink, even if she doesn't show it I know she does. I can read her like an open book. Since I haven't really personally spoken to her since Monday I knew today was going to be a day full of just getting settled in and comforting my woman.

As I got completely ready for the day I packed up the last few things I owned and waited until 6:30 to text Mina. I know she probably woke up just as early as I did, but I wanted to give her time. As I grabbed my three bags and a box I headed down the elevator to the ground floor. I waited in the lobby for Mina to respond to my text. To my surprise she just showed up. I knew she was there because I heard the familiar clicking of her heels and her cane. I looked up from my phone to be met with the usual stone-cold attitude she had everyday. I stood up dropping my bags as I hugged her tightly. My arms were wrapped around her lower back being mindful of the certain area of her upper back I don't touch. Her free hand came up and pulled me close like she longed for my touch all week, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss her touch either.

"I missed you. I missed this. I can't handle four days without your touch Mina." I felt the smile forming on her lips as she buried her head into my shoulder.

"So did I. Don't you ever give me space unless I ask for it." Mina's arm squeezed tighter around me as she pulled me even closer to her, our bodies being as close as humanly possible. I laughed into her shoulder as I finally started to pull away. Mina's arm unhooked me as her hand fell down to mine. She looked into my eyes with a soft gaze as her face was now lit up like the Mina I knew. I squeezed her hand reassuringly before letting go and turning to grab my stuff. She looked over at me as I slipped the three bags back on to me. "Is that it? If you want I can carry a bag if you need me to." I lightly shook my head as I grunted getting the last bag strap around my.

"No, you don't need to lift anything. I can handle this." I smile proudly as I grab the box, ready to go. Mina just chuckled softer as she lead the way to her car. First I safely secured the box behind the passenger seat before nicely setting the bags down in the back so the don't slide around while we drive. After securing everything I shit the back door and hop in the front seat. "Okay, I'm ready my love. Let's get out of here." As I buckled up I kissed Mina's cheek while she started the car. Little things like that always make her smile just for me.

The drive was peaceful, perfect. Mina is always serious while driving, but today is different. While she was driving her hand moved from the steering wheel to mine. She intertwined our hands and rested them on my lap. It felt nice, really nice. She never drives with one hand and until now I never knew she could. This hand holding thing in the car was new, just like how she let me hug her in public. I mean it's not bad, but I'm wondering why did she all of a sudden start doing this now? What made her change her mind?