Ch. 2

Hey if you want a better book check out some of my other works.

"Girls?" Maryweather said quietly as she entered my room with a maid running behind her with a tray of tea, and an assortment of pastries.

We both gave a curtsy, and nodded as a thanks for the tray that the maid set on my whitish teal coffee table by the sitting area in my colorful room. She grinned as she did a short curtsy and left the room.

"I hope you have the decorations figured out by now?" She asked us as she admired the fabric we have picked out for the tables.

"Well, we still have a lot to do, but yes the decorations are mostly done." Willow said as she showed her some of the flowers we had picked out. It was hard to find flowers that didn't represent something bad, but not as hard as it is in Illea. I read that Illea was more strict about representation of things.

Lilies were definitely out of the questions, signifying death and all that. Not that I wanted my flowers for this party.

So far we had picked out a simple, yet elegant, white table cloth, with embedded designs. A flower called the Hibiscus flowers, that grow here as an invasive species from a far away island. And it will be set in a done made out of vines that wove themselves into an intricate pattern to make almost a sheltered area.

"Well I came to let you know that the royal chef is waiting for you to come and choose the foods for the welcoming party." She said as she pored us each a cup of tea, and another for herself.

I took the warm China into my hands and found myself not spilling it but just looking at the reddish tea with its very fine tea leaves at the bottom. I decided to set it back down, grab a strawberry, frosted, scone, and get back to work.

It wasn't that hard doing all the calculations, for the party, but eating all the food was. We all walked down to the dinning room to eat and decide what foods we would choose.

"Hello," a man with a honey colored skin and a chefs outfit on said as he bowed, " I have a small amount of each recipe know to this castle. And you get to try them all!" He said excitedly. Does he know that I am envying the other girls that are only throwing a ball, not a dinner and a ball!

I ate about one bite of a hundred courses. If you don't want to do the math, that's a lot of food.

"What do you think?" Willow whispered to me.

"I really like the simple foods, like the appetizers, but if you want to do a sit down dinner, we can."

"Let's do that," she said nodding.

We filled out a form of what we wanted, and we chose three main courses for people to choose from. Salmon with lemon, baked chicken, and tri-tip. We also had salad and bread for in the beginning, and an assortment of cakes, and pastries for dessert.

By the end of the night I was way too full. I might be needing my maids to let out my dresses more, that way I could be able to eat more. I'll have to tell Zoe tomorrow.

I slowly made my way to my room, almost falling into a food coma. I shied away from my bright door, and walked inside after nodding to the guards.

"Oh, Lily!" Piper called as she hopped over to me.

"We need you opinion, what would you like to wear this week? After the Royal family of Illea comes, the report will air, and then you will go to the other girls party, and then, of course, your party that you planned with Miss Willow." Emma asked.

"Let's see," I said walking to my closet, momentarily forgetting my tiredness. I ended up picking out a pretty, silver dress that is layered out in ringlets down to my feet, for the first. A simple light pink dress, for the other girls party. Then I decided that it would be good to talk to Willow before we picked out clothes.

" Thank you, now let's get that makeup off you and you can get some rest." Piper said leading me into the bathroom. The bathroom was the only thing in my room that I didn't touch, and left alone. I liked the way my white, and off white looked, but I feel like my black and light blue, really reflect my personality, and it reminds me of home.

My maids whipped my eyes with the damp cloths and then they tucked me into bed.

Omg. Omg. Omg.

Who has read The Heir! And I promise I won't give any spoilers. It was sooo amazing. It took me 2 days to finish! Who is your favorite suitor? Mine is Kile. Ugh. KILE! Sorry, if you didn't know, Kile is Marlee's son. Eadlyn seems kinda bratty but I love her all the same, I mean how can you not.

Comment your thought on The Heir, and this chapter! \/ \/ \/