Ch.17

" Are you coming?" Alex said racing to class. I thought it would be good to go say hi to my old classmates.

" Oh my gosh! You look absolutely fabulous!" Cass Perkins gushed as she played with a piece of my curled hair.

" Your a princess!" Her side kick, Rachele stated. "She needs to look fabulous." she whispered to Cass.

" Um thanks." I mumbled. I got gently pushed over by a group of boys. I lost hold of my books and they tumbled to the floor. Before I could react, someone was already picking them up.

He stood up and I found myself face to face with Jason Thorn. Jason was my old crush. God. His is still really cute. No. I pushed the thoughts out of my head and squeaked out a little, " Thanks"

" Your welcome, princess." he said with a smirk. I smiled and started walking to class. This is the reason I was never popular. I was bad around people, I was awkward, and most of all, I was hated by the coolest people on campus. Cass, and Rachele. Now they liked me, but just because I was royalty.

During class, the teach pulled me up.

" Class, we have a princess today." he said. He was a new teacher. His head was shinny and bald. Many cheers erupted and I stood there in complete shock. A lot of these people never took notice to me. Of course they knew my name, but we never really talked.

I sat down in my seat. It was in the back, second to last row. Alex sat in front.

" Now class. Can anyone tell me the square root of 23?" Mr. Baldwin asked. I don't know his real name, and he is so bald I'm calling him Mr. Baldwin.

I partially raised my hand. He overlooked me and choose on a girl with chocolate brown hair.

" Well sir. It's 4.79, there are about nine decimals after that. Do I need to continue?" she smirked. She turned and whispered to her friend who started bursting out in laughter.

" Anjelica! Gabby! I would give you both detention, but yes, Anjelica answered perfectly."

" Oh, wow. So you think I really care about detention, Mr. Fri?" she said with a laugh staring him I the eyes. "No." She put on a straight face and raised her eyebrows.

He nodded and continued to control the class.

" Yes Anjelica?!" He almost yelled after she raised her hand.

" Um, Mr. Fri? Your wrong."

" How so?" He asked aggravated.

" You divided wrong. I know it's just a side problem, but it could mess up the whole equation." she stated. The smart bad girl.

" Well can you come up here and show the class how you really do it?"

" I'm sorry what? I don't do, 'going up in front of class'."

The rest of the class went by in a huge blur. When the bell finally rang, we all ran to lunch.

After this I had History. Finally, something I was good at. I'm pretty good at most subjects, but the ones I don't like, I don't try as hard.

_____

" So what kind of dresses are the brides maids going to wear?" Alex said as she sat down at a public library computer. Searching the key words fancy bridesmaid dresses, she came up with a total of sixty two sites, and over one thousand pictures.

" That's even more dresses than the palace owns!" I exclaimed.

" How about this one, she said pointing to a red, strapless, high low dress with red wedges.

" Cute!" I yelled.

"Shhhhh!" I got a few stares from people.

" Let's go." I muttered to Alex and she whipped around. Her platinum blonde hair glinted in the sun and caught my eye. I took her wrist and led her into a street.

When we got back to my house, we played with Jordan and talked.

" So, you were almost late to class today, were people swarming you?" she asked.

" You have no idea!" I laughed. "Cass, was nice to me."

" Really?" she asked. "I should of known that she would do that. Suck up."

" I know right." I rolled my eyes.

Jordan gurgled and started clapping her pudgy hands.

" Lily! Come quick!" My mom yelled up the stairs. I ran to the door.

" What's wrong?" Panic finding its way into every inch of my body. We had a few guards, but not enough to get rid of a lot of people.

I ran down the stairs and told Alex to stay.

" Quick, get Alex." my dad said quietly. I motioned for her to come back and we all hid behind the counter while my mom opened the safe room.

My dad drew the blinds and locked the door. Before the darkness included me, I saw grimy men and woman walking the streets. The homeless, and the unemployed. They always were outcasts, and mostly had bad tempers. Some of them are very nice, just young people who ran away. Or they didn't know what would happen. But these people carried weapons, and scary objects.

" In," my mom whispered. We all went into the safe room. I grabbed a blanket and went to lay on one of the cots. I couldn't sleep. This is going to be a long night.

Hey! Sorry about this but I gotta tell you something. So my parents are split and I go up to my dad's house for half of the summer. Where he lives, he doesn't get good signal and he can't even get wifi. ( It was a struggle to get TV!😕) so I won't be updating during the days of July 7th, to the 30th. I might be able to go to the local coffee shop and get internet there, but I doubt it. I will wright all the time, I just won't be updating. Sorry but it's how the way life is. 😔

Annnnyyyyyways. How's life? Good? Bad? I hope not bad😂

You are all perfect in your own little ways. Remember that.

Love you bunches!🍌

/Autumn