Ch.28

I awoke, clammy and shaking. I closed my eyes and rested my head back unto Christian's arm. When I opened my eyes from the second time I couldn't remeber the nightmares. Sunlight flooded through the huge windows, making all the tiny little dust flakes visible in the ray of light.

I opened my eyes once, earlier that morning to see my door shutting. I suspected it was just Christian getting up to go to breakfast. I sat up and looked around in a blurry haze. I rubbed my eyes and everything came into focus.

"Miss-"

"It's Lily!" I yelled, still on edge from the remembrance of the whisper of the terrible dream. 

"I'm- I'm s-so s-s-sorry." Zoe stuttered as she ran out the door.

I groaned as I fell back into the comfort of the many pillows and blankets. Now my maids were afraid of me. I buried my face in my hands and desperately tried to dry my eyes, "I hate myself. I hate myself..."

"Ok listen up. Lily, I tried to be nice but I just can take this anymore." Piper said rushing into my room yelling. "I don't know what you just said to Zoe, but she's not quite happy, today, and anything you say will put her on the edge of tears. So get out of bed, eat your food, and get your life back together. You had your grace period now it's back to normal."

I stared back, wide-eyed.

"I said get up." Her voice softened a bit. I nodded and got out of bed. I then proceeded to take a shower. Ahh, the lovely feeling of warm water streaming gently over your head. I somewhat forgot how much I love them.

____________

I wandered aimlessly through the halls of the palace. Several guards offered to take me back to my room but I shooed them away and keep walking. I found a study and knocked just hoping it was Christian's.

"Who is it?" A voice came from inside. A moment later, before I could answer, a butler was at the door. I looked past his shoulder into the office. I almost did think that was Christian, but it was the king.

"Oh, I'm sorry to disturb your majesty, I'll be leaving now." I bowed.

"No why don't you come sit." He beckoned. I walked in and repositioned my deep amber gown. When I stood there for a bit while he walked over to the dresser he yelled at me to sit. I plopped down and turned to face him slam a shot and then pour another.

"I don't think you understand that being a queen isn't about just being there for Christian, it's having the likeability of Lauren. It's about being a stress reliever. It's mostly about making an heir to the throne. If you can't do any of those things tell us now. I don't think you seem fit for the job." He told me. I've never heard him like this.

"Just watch." Is all I said, before I got up, and left. No curtsy, not formal, just plain raw satisfaction.

I fuming outside of the hall to his office muttering to myself. Did I do the right thing? 

"Lily, look who's up, and not sick looking." Christian laughed walking over to me. We walked and talked about things for a bit and he lead me to the Music Room. "You should play a bit."

"One song."

____________

After that day in the Music Room I felt better. It was like something was missing, a huge gap in my chest, never quite filled. Until now, that is...

I was my normal cheery self. I woke up on time (without nightmares), attended breakfast, and walked Christian to his office, before walking back to my room to get ready for the rest of the day. Some days I would go to the garden, others I would repair my friendship with everyone.

"Ohmygod. Riley!" I yelled as she rounded the corner of the hedge. She ran over and hugged me.

"I haven't seen you in forever, where have you been?"

"You don't know?" She shook her head.

I explained to her my absence with a heavy heart.

"I'm so sorry." she scrunched her beautiful face

"Yeah whatever."

I might have been torn down but I'm behind that now. I'm the Italian Princess, nothing can keep me down anymore.

I'm freaking done with this story, I hate it so much. I'm finishing it soon.

The Choiceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें