Ch.12

" So where exactly are you taking me?" I asked him, as we walked through the snow, our feet crunching under the semi-frozen ice.

" I can't tell you that." he said with a laugh.

" Oh fine."

" Happy birthday." he said once he stopped. He let go of my hand and I opened my eyes. We where in some sort of ice forest. The icicles hung from the tree branches and the trees where coated in a think layer of ice and snow.

" It's beautiful!" I exclaimed.

" It only happens when it snows and I sent an official out here this morning to see if it was here this morning."

" Oh it's amazing." I said giving him a kiss.

" Over here," he said breaking away after a few seconds and leading me to a frozen pond. The pond was actually pretty big, for a pond. He held up his finger and he walked to a tree. The tree had a small bag hung up on it and he grabbed out two pairs of ice skates.

" Oh, Christian! I can't skate!" I tried to reason with him.

" What better time to learn?" He said taking his own shoes off.

He put the black skates on and handed me the white ones with the crystals embroidered into the sides. After I put them on he grabbed my hand and he lead me out to the ice. He skated backwards and held my hands as I tried to skate forwards, facing him.

At first I stumbled, but then slowly got the hang of it. I learned to push my self forwards with the skates, but I still needed his help with the balance part. He let me go and did some fancy turn on the skates just to turn around and see me lying on the ice, giggling.

He helped me up, and we took off the skates and kept walking. By then it was lunch time, but I wasn't hungry and Christian wasn't either, so we decided against walking back and getting food. We walked through the forest and I came across so little bunny hopping around in the snow. It was either lost, abandoned, or couldn't find his burrow in the snow.

" Look." I said being really quite.

" Huh?" He Christian say really loud. Fortunately the bunny didn't get spooked. It looked like it was just cowering in the snow, and it wasn't trying to find something, so I came to the conclusion that it was abandoned, and survived until this point, and couldn't do anything about the snow.

I slowly walked over to him and carefully picked him up from behind. he didn't notice me at first, that is until he was already in my grasp. He struggled for a second trying to squirm out of my grasp. I held it close to my chest and kept it warm. It was definitely still a baby bunny. I don't understand how it didn't get picked off by a hawk already.

As soon as it calmed down I started to pet it and let Christian pet it too.

" Can I keep him?" I asked like a young child would.

" Um, sure. But, only, if you think it likes you and has no home." he said with a smirk.

" I'm naming him Snow."

Even though the bunny was not white at all, more of a tan color, we found him in the snow, therefore, his name is snow.

I let Christian hold him, and he was still really squirmy so I took him back.

_______

We walked back down through the forest back to the palace. There I dressed in the dress I had on this morning and kept my hair he way it was.

He only gave me a piece of paper and I wasn't allowed to open it before seven o'clock. I ended up hiding it on my desk so I wouldn't be tempted to look at it. At exactly 6:59 I went over to go open it. It read: