Ch.18

KNOCK! KNOCK!

I gasped. I turned to burry my head in Christian's shoulder, but he wasn't there. I started to quietly sob into my pillow. I'm going to die and leave Christian all alone.

Nothing like this has ever happened. Rebels. The Illean Rebels are so strong it not quite impossible for them to have gathered a group of Italians.

I was lucky to have parents who where prepared for this kind of thing. I've only been in here once. I had a teenager tantrum and locked myself in here. I came out after about an hour but that's not the point.

I'm going to be completely honest here, this place smelled like stale bread and rotten apples. I don't know how I even associated that with this smell, but it does.

I felt the walls around me and gulped another breath of stagnant, air. This is the exact reason that I don't go in saunas. Claustrophobic
(ness) kicked in and I clawed at the walls. That and oxygen loss. I was completely terrified at both. I took a seat by the vent and started trying to calm myself and steady the breaths. Oxygen would have you go around.

After a while we heard a loud knock on the door to the safe. It was pretty well hidden in the back corner of our pantry and covered by foods. Foods that we could re-pile up.

" Lily?" I jumped at the voice. sure it was muffled, but I could hear it almost clearly. "No! She needs me." there was a push and then another knock.

" Christian." I whispered to Alex still unsure about opening it.

" Wait." she told me.

And so I waited. After a few long minutes of silence, I couldn't stand it anymore. I ran to the door. I typed in the code and the sealed door opened. I started crying and laughing all at once.

" Christian! Oh my god. Your okay."

"Lily, we need you to get you back to the palace." He looked to my family, "Do you wish to say here or come along?"

Alex jumped up from her seat and ran to me.

" We will stay here." my dad said as Jordan squirmed in his arms. "Take her." he handed me Jordan.

" But-" I tried to reason with them.

" Lily, calm down, we will be safe." my mom said and I rushed over to give her a hug. I cried in her shoulder before I felt a hand on my back.

I went over to my dad and have him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

" I love you." I turned around and closed the door behind me. I typed in the ten digit code under a small panel under the floor board to seal it. I took a few minutes, with Alex's help, to re-stack all the foods. When I was satisfied with my work, we went out the back door.

" Here." Christian said motioning to the small jet. I ran to the door as fast as I could so no one saw us. A guard came out from the house. He was carrying a small bag of clothes for me and Alex and his gun.

While the guard was working on getting the door to the jet opened, I noticed a shoe. It looked like the shoe of a child. I slowly peaked around the corner. I young girl was sitting there with a gun in her hand. Her gun was pointed at me. My eyes widened and she blinked. A single tear leaked down her face. Her red hair fell into little ringlets surrounding her face.

After a few seconds of staring at each other, she dropped the gun on the ground and curled up in a ball.

" Lily?" Christian rounded the corner and looked at the girl.

" Leave me alone!" She said sliding the gun to my foot. "Just go away." she whimpered.

" What's your name?" I asked bending down next to her.

" Lindsey." she choked out.

" What's wrong?"

" I can't hurt the princess. I can't even shoot a gun." She said through her tears. "I was sent to kill you. I just can't!"

" Are you a rebel?" I asked.

" No. I'm being forced to do this." She cried. "My mom is making me me."

" Who's your mom?" I asked her. I really felt like she was going to freak out on me for asking so many questions.

" Misty."

" Misty who?" Christian asked.

" Misty Warrens."

Hi there Lindsey.😋