Ch.10

My mouth gapped open. She was pregnant? Would she stay in the Selection? What would happen to her? All of these questions ran through my head.

Christian took my hand and lead me out of the room. There I started panicking and running my hands through my hair.

" It's okay, she will be eliminated soon." he whispered as he rubbed my back.

" What? She has a baby! You can't just eliminate her!"

" We can't just let her stay. The public would soon find out, it's better to just clear her blood from the poisons and send her home. Lots of men will want to marry her."

" I guess your right." I said as I trailed off.

" Let's go." he said taking my hand and leading me to the royal library.

" This is amazing! Why didn't you show this to me before!" I immediately ran around following the code to find one of my favorite books.

" I found it!" I yelled holding it up to admire, " The Moon and the Sun."

" What?" He asked me.

" Oh never mind! Read it!" I said thrusting it into his stomach.

" Ok, I'll try. I'm very busy person you know." we both started laughing and he gave me a light kiss. I kissed him back, and his lips parted from mine for just a second to look at me and then crashed back into mine. pretty soon I was sitting in his lap, but I don't even know how I got there.

We where nestled in a cozy little nook behind a book shelf, surrounded by pillows. We sat there all day reading and when the sun started going down he left for about thirty minutes, and came back with a tray of dinner. I ate my salad and my steak with out a sound and so did he. We cuddled up against each other and I started reading again. I decided to put down my book and talk to him.

" So... what day is it again?" I asked him.

" The 16th of November."

" Oh! It's almost my birthday!" I exclaimed, "What did you get me?" I asked leaning on to my elbows.

" You will have to wait and see." he said with a chuckle. I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder.

" Lily?" He asked me his voice sounding tired.

" Yes."

" Remember when I used to call you my darling?"

"Yeah, why don't you do that anymore?"

" Your more then my darling,"

" Huh?" I asked.

" Shhh. Love. You are my love."

He said something after that, but I couldn't hear him, or maybe I was already gone by then.

" Christian Peter Menell! Get up now son!"

I jerked awake to find Christian lightly snoring besides me before he opened his eyes. He smiled at me and then noticed his parents standing over us.

" We didn't mean to fall asleep, we where just hanging out. We just talked." he said sitting up addressing his parents.

" He's right, we just fell asleep."

" Oh, well get up son, you too Lily. I hope to see a future with you two, or else Christian might be in deep trouble." his dad said.

" I wonder how many other girls he has slept with!" his dad whispered to his mom.

" You shouldn't be talking." she said with a laugh. I wonder what happened in their Selection.

____________________

" Bye Lisa!" I called out, as she got into the car petting her flat stomach. I guess she really wanted a baby.

" Bye! I hope I can see you again!" She said waving as the car drove away. She became really nice to me after I saved her from that guard. He got fired and is now working as a scientist working on chemistry. Christian assigned him that job after he found out that he made the mind bending poison himself.

After the car was out of sight, I turned around and walked back into the palace. I ran over to Riley, who was talking to a guard.

" I haven't seen you in forever!" I said giving her a hug.

" Yeah! How's it going?" She asked.

" Good, how's it for you?"

" It's different, well being in the castle but having a new role, but other then that, things are great!"

I nodded and looked up the guard, "Is this-"

" Oh! Yes it is! Lily meet Trace." she gushed.

" Hi." I said with a little wave. He nodded and put his arm around Riley.

" Trace is a little shy, but he is really nice." she said as she looked up to him.

" Happy almost birthday!" She yelled jumping up and down. I waved her away.

" It's not 'till tomorrow."

" Oh well," she said with a sly smile.

" I'll see you around okay?"

" Okay, bye." she called after me as I walked up the stairs.

My maids got my dress ready for tomorrow and then showed me after putting finishing touches on. It was the most beautiful dress I've ever seen. Well second most beautiful dress after the dress from the Valentines dance. It was a dark blue strapless, long dress, with a gold fish net like material covering the top bust. The dress was a very soft comfortable material that flowed against skin like waves.

" Perfect!" I squealed and crawled into bed. My maids were still rushing around trying to get stuff done, trying to be quite for me, but I was sleeping within five minutes.