Ch.20

Rushing into the castle gates, I realized something. First, I'm going to die. Second, why are we going to the castle, we should be going somewhere else. The rebels will attack the castle. But the castle is guarded. Oh shut up self conscious.

" Your majesty. Get inside. You will live your life normally, like nothing happened." a young maid informed me.

" Thank you miss..." I paused looking for a name.

" Oh, it's Ana." she curtsied and almost ran back to the kitchens.

__________

About a week after the flight back to the castle, there was another attack. It passed by with no harm done. Many things were broken, but no one was killed.

I'm starting to not believe Anjelica.

" Lily?" Lindsey asked as she rounded the hallway corner.

" I'm here."

" Can you help me pick out some clothes?"

" Sure I can. What for?" I asked with a smirk.

" Ummm...." she trailed off. "I might be going on a date tonight."

" Oh." I said and we walked to her guest room. It was pretty small, but she made the best of it. Everything was white and black. It was also open concept with a kitchen. I took one look at her bare closet and laughed.

" What?" She asked as she took out a one of two worn sundress.

" Girl! I'm a princess, well almost. Your not expecting me to let you go on your date in that? It's actually pretty but we could do better."

A wide grin slowly crept onto her face.

" Really?" She asked.

I nodded. We walked down to the woman's room.

" Hi mom." I told the queen. I started calling her mom when we got back from my house. She smiled sweetly and turned back to the maid that was handing her a cup of tea.

" Lily!" Alex called over to me.

" Hi!" I responded. She glared at Lindsey.

" Okaaay. Alex, do you want to come and give Lindsey a makeover?"

" Mmmm." She stuck her nose up in the air and sighed. She gave me a little puppy dog face. "Fine."

________________

" You look perfect." I said fluffing her hair.

" Thanks. Even though I wouldn't know." I let her open her eyes and turned her to the mirror. Her sharp blue eyes widened as she took in her reflection.

" Wow. I might be rich, but not that rich! Not this rich." Her perfectly done nails shot up to her ears. "Are these real?!" She touched the diamonds lining her ear lobe and cartilage.

" Yup." I said popping the 'p'. She was wearing knee length simple lavender day dress. The dress was very plain and simple. It hugged all of her curves and almost gave her an hour glass affect.

" Wow. You look... Nice." Alex stated from the back of the room. Her rare words echoed through my bathroom.

" Hey look at that, Little Miss Mute is finally talking."

" Haha. Very funny Lily." She shot back. I stepped back. Maybe she was having a hard time adjusting to all of this. I know she misses her family. We got reports saying that they were all safe and unharmed but that's not the the only thing that keeping us on the edge of our seat. What if the rebels come back? What is that kill some? What if they take someone?