Ch.19

" Are you going to murder us?" I asked Lindsey. She rolled her eyes and looked at me.

" Do you think I'm like my sister or my mother? No, I ran away from home."

" Get in the jet." I called over to her and she looked around. Two men were running towards us.

" Halt!" The first man said still running. Christian discarded his coat and shoved a beanie onto my head. I tried desperately to push it on my head to conceal my face. Alex's clothes looked normal, and so did mine, but I still looked like the new princess of Italy.

I shivered at the cold air and wiped at my eyes glad, for once, that I didn't use waterproof mascara.

" Wait, if I'm with Christian we will look to much like ourselves." I said pulling away from my fiancé. " Christian go hug and comfort Alex like you are a couple." I told him. "What's your name?" I asked the guard.

" Brian."

" Ok good." I told him, walking to his side. Christian awkwardly took Alex's hand and she squirmed away. I shot her a mean look and we slowly got into the jet.

" Stop!" One of the men called. We continued until we heard a shot. A bullet whizzed past my head about two feet away. At that Brain pushed us down into the weeds and took aim. I heard two, surprisingly quite, gun shots and we ran to the jet.

" In!" Brian yelled as he opened the door. We took off and after a few moments of shock, I realized that we shouldn't be shot, or even see for that matter, anymore.

I turned to go to the bathroom. Inside the other cabin, sitting there, was Anjelica.

" Hello Lily." she smirked.

" What are your doing here? What's going on? I don't even know you!"

" I'm going to talk very fast. I need you to remember all of this. Okay?" She told me. I nodded my head and she continued. "Illean rebels have convinced the poor to start a revolution for what they want. The leader of the group is Jacob Warrens-"

" That's not possible. The Warrens are not poor." I told her.

" Don't interrupt. The Warrens are very upset that their daughter didn't win The Selection. They have been forming this group ever sense she got eliminated. They plan to over throw the monarchy, and crown themselves royalty." She stopped for a breath.

" Why are you telling me all this?" I asked.

" So you have the information you need. Anyone who is a part of this rebellion, will receive high paying jobs. The only royal they are keeping alive, is Christian. He will be forced to marry Britney. All of the selected will also be killed due to the fact that they might rebel. Now you know everything."

" Tell me why you are telling me this, and why should I believe you?"

" Just trust me."

" No!" I shouted. A guard came in the room and look from me to Anjelica. He grabbed out his gun and pointed it at her.

" Go out into the main cabin." he commanded. She took a deep breath and walked out.

" I will skip you the questions My name is Anjelica Thomas. I'm eighteen years old. I moved to New Verda in February. Let's see..." she trailed off thinking of more things to tell about herself. "I'm not wealthy but I'm not poor. I was born homeless and was adopted by a family with no kids. I have a boyfriend named Chris, I'm pregnant-"

" What?" I asked.

" Yes now quite down. I just found out a few days ago. I have a dog named Chase. My shoe size is seven. I wear makeup. That's about it. I could go on and on, about how I've kissed every boy in the grade, but do you have a good hour?" She asked with a smirk.

" That's enough! Are you hear to hurt us?" Brain asked.

" Oh, my, god. I thought I just told you all of that to skip the questions."

" No, now talk."

" I'm not here to hurt you. Okay, here is the truth; I'm a spy! I've been working undercover in the Warrens mansion since I moved here. She is the only one there who isn't all royal crazy." she said pointing to Lindsey.

_____

" Okay. You can stay." Christian decided after she told her whole story.

She smiled and I went to sit by Christian. He took me into the separate cabin. A bed was taken off the wall and I cuddled up in the sheets. He laid down next to me. He took my hand and told me everything was going to be alright. I cried into his shirt, leavening tear stains. He held me, protecting me from the horrors of the night.