Ch.5

Why won't Christian just propose? I mean he says he has a ring, and he as good as told me it was for me, but won't propose. I guess he just waiting. I'm fine with waiting, I am only 17, I just feel like he is teasing me.

After the report, everyone took an hour to get ready for the party. My maids fixed my messed up hair and makeup, switched out my shoes for a cleaner, more glittery pair, and then sent me out the door. I was greeted by Hannah, Jason, and Christian. Never in my life had I even dreamed that I would be popular amongst the royals. I thought I would enter The Selection, just to be sent home in a week, but apparently not. I fell in love, and stayed in the elite.

" You look absolutely gorgeous!" Hannah exclaimed, interrupting my thoughts.

" You saw me at the report!" I said as I walked out of my room.

" Yes but you have your new shoes on and your hair is different." she said touching up my hair. It was amazing how she noticed those little details, maybe it's the princess inside shinning through.

I smiled and looped my arm with Christian's and set out walking down the stairs. His dark blue eyes softened when I rested my head on his shoulder as we walked. He looked down at me and u noticed that a price of his brunette hair glinted in the sun and was standing straight up. I giggled and tried to fix it. I got nowhere with that piece of hair. Every time it went down, it sprang back up. I scowled and decided to leave it alone. It was like two magnets. They won't hold together, but you try to push them together and hold them there as if saying, "See, it's not that hard is it?"

Then I realized that I'm a magnet, and my future is the metal surface. I love Christian, but that is the only thing pulling me towards the metal on my side. I never wanted to be a princess. The metal is my family, my friends, and world, and need to end the selection, so Christian has a wife. It was dragging me, pulling me towards my future. Do I want my future? I never got a chance to answer myself. A beautiful table of seating arrangements, and treats.

A smell wafted towards me, surrounding me in a light chocolatey aroma. ' Brownies' my subconscious told me as I inhaled the sweet smell.

I found my name on a pink piece of paper, glued to a toothpick, which was sticking out of the top of a pink sugar cookie. I frowned but couldn't help having a feeling of joy. Part of the joy was that this wasn't a complete disaster, and part was the fact that Willow and ours was better, at least the beginning will be better.

Christian came over and saw me not eating my cookie.

" Here have mine." he said handing my his brownie, on the little white plate that they came on.

" Thanks!" I said as I stood on my tippy-toes and gave him a kiss. I heard someone snicker, and then growl somewhere behind me. It was just probably one of the girls, probably Molly who seems to hate me, or maybe it was both Lisa and Molly. I know Willow would never do something like that.

" Sure. But I still don't understand why you don't like cookies." he said with a chuckle.

" Correction, I just don't like sugar cookies, I like all other cookies. Well except for the ones with the nuts in them." I said with a laugh.

We separated to go find our seats. I assumed we wouldn't sit next to each other, but somewhere close to each other. I guess Molly and Lisa really do hate me. Molly was wearing a almost see through light pink, lace dress that went down to her knees, and Lisa wore a normal pink day dress, that was super short and she had a big bow in her hair.

Everything was so pink, I half expected to turn around and see a unicorn sliding down a rainbow and little fairies flying around, gliterizing everything.

I searched around the table settings for the one that matched my card, C44. I took my seat and looked around. I was seated as far away from him as possible, and Lisa was seated right next to Christian. Molly was seated about ten places away, and Willow about fifteen. I guess they tried to spread it out so I didn't look like I was left out. but I know why they did this, I was close to Christian, and they wanted to be in my position. The table had about one hundred people seated at it, and I was a good ninety people away.

I tried to get through dinner without talking to anyone near me, but by the time it was almost over, the man seated next to me started talking. There was only one problem, I don't speak German. He started trying to make what he was saying with his hands. He placed something on his head and pointed to his finger, and then to me. I cocked my head to the side to show that I didn't understand. The older woman to my right turned towards me and started speaking to the man in German.

" Was ist das?" The woman said. Was its das? Was this man named Das?

" Ich fragte, ob sie im Begriff war, Königin zu sein." he told her. She smiled and turned to me.

" He said, that he was asking if you where going to be queen."

" Oh, well, maybe." I said. please let it be to dark in here, please, don't let them see my cheeks burning.

She smiled and carried on a conversation with the man.

After dinner, it was basically a huge dance party. All the instruments in the band where painted pink, and the lights above the dance floor, rained down in the thin stream of never ending pink confetti. A crew of maids and butlers came over every few minutes of so, to sweep up the confetti.

I went to bed earlier then I thought I would, but at about ten o'clock I saw Willlow leave and decided that it would be a good idea to get a good nights rest.

Looking for new book ideas? Look no further! I have composed a list of a bunch of books that I have read and enjoyed. So here it goes. And if you have read any of them, tell me how good they where to you, and some that you though where good that I missed, because I won't put all of the books I've read.

GREAT!!!!
1. Harry Potter (all books)

2. The Selection, duh. (The first 3) don't get mad just keep reading.

3. The Hunger Games (all books)

GOOD

1. Percy Jackson (all books)

2. The Dorothy Must Die Series. (I'm reading now, so please no spoilers.

3. Matched (in my opinion the only good one, is the first)

4. Divergent ( all 3, I didn't really like insurgent though)

CLASSICS

1. A Wrinkle In Time

2. The Secret Garden

3. Around the World in Eighty Days
(WARNING only read if you have a high attention span)

NOVELLAS

1. All the Selection Stories
(Yes The Heir is included, I just didn't want to put it with the first 3)

2. Four

3. The Dorothy Must Die novellas:
No Place like Oz
The Witch Must Burn
The Wizard Returns

AMAZING!!!!

1. All you your lovely stories!!!!

That's it guys see you soon!