Chapter 5

—----------------Percy's POV:-------------------

I'd never asked to go to school, in fact, I was a firm believer that I was never meant to go to school.

I wasn't a child of Athena, and the teachers always had it out for me, either I was too pathetic to teach, or I was too infuriating to teach. It wasn't my fault I was cursed with dyslexia.

Kids walked past me in groups, smiles on their faces and laughter hung in the air like a bird's chirping. They all wore the same uniform, one that I'd been forced to wear as well. I looked down to the uncomfortable mess that was the school uniform here. Not only was it not practical but unless you planned on holding your skirt the whole day, you absolutely needed to wear shorts.

I let out a short grunt as a kid pushed by me, sending me a dirty look before turning back with a gleeful smile as if the hate filled expression had never existed in the first place.

Great.

I walked forwards, keeping my head low and my footsteps as quiet as possible. The less people knew of me the better off I'd be when I was inevitably thrown out.

As I entered the building the overwhelming sounds of people talking grew, the fancy nature of the building setting an almost movie-esk look to the whole scene. A scene I didn't fit in.

I looked over to the awkwardly large clock on the wall, by the looks of it I had about 20 minutes to spare. I began walking, bringing out my schedule. I'd been lucky to have it sent a few days earlier, so I had the chance to translate the class and their location into Greek.

I soon located all my classes, the locations luckily being pretty close to each other so I wouldn't have to move around a whole lot.

With nothing left to do I decided to just sit down, finding a less crowded area of the hallways before lowering myself to rest against the wall. I had to be careful of how I sat due to a new cut on my side. Gabe had unleashed another round of half gargled drunk rants after I forgot the olive on top of his nachos. Not olives, just one olive.

I pulled out the book Annabeth had lent me, something it'd taken me an embarrassing amount of time to even make a dent in, but even in greek the words tended to just go on and drag but the thought of Annabeth's bright smile when I returned it to her on the week- whenever we see each other next would make it all worth it. Of course, then we'd have to talk about it, but I wasn't against listening to her rant on things she found frustrating.

I smiled as I scrunched my brows, trying my best to focus carefully on the words in front of me.

In a moment I thought my concentration must have been too strong because the world around me went quiet, something that was startling enough to knock me out of my focus entirely and bring my attention back to the hallway. I looked up just in time to see a kid around my age, his black hair seemed to be naturally slicked back in a way that gave him a menacing look, though that could also be attributed to his glare, one that seemed to rival Clarisse, and that was saying something. As he walked the kids all around him hushed and turned away as if they were afraid of him, though others would give a smirk, complete and utter hatred pointed at him.

His eyes briefly glanced over me, the green reminding me slightly of the trees around camp-half-blood. In an instant his nose was scrunched as if he smelt something disgusting and he turned away, looking in front of him as he passed me.

My own eyebrows scrunched at the obnoxious brat. I didn't even do anything this time. I guess Nancy Bobofits came in every school, in every form for that matter.

I ignored the rest of the kids as they went back to talking, my attention focusing back on my book.

Eventually the bell rang, and I had to pack my things before I was trampled to death by the passing students. I quickly made my way to my classroom, finding my assigned spot on the side of the room, a seat in the front placed beside the window.