Chapter 64

————— Percy's POV: —————

It's been a couple days since the party and everyone in the house seemed to be more tense around me, Damian watched me like I was going to suddenly combust, Jason had smothered me in a hug worthy of Poseidon and told me we were staying here for the weekend, and Bruce kept watching me out the corner of his eye with a look I couldn't quite place.

It got worse when I was on the news, somehow the paparazzi had gotten the security camera footage from the party and they'd made sure to replay me grabbing Bruce away from the man multiple times and they replayed my punch more than that one. They caught footage of Bruce holding me when I was sitting outside the ambulance and they got an interview from Tristan who labeled me the hero who guided his daughter out of that situation. Jason had quietly complimented my punch, giving me a short high five. I'd been told to stay home by Alfred for a couple days while they let the paparazzi die down.

But it was all going to make sense to them tomorrow, because tomorrow was the day I would tell them everything.

I held onto Jason, the two of us riding fast down a back road in the direction of New York. I told Jason I'd forgotten something at camp and someone had gone back to give it to me, but in reality I was going to get the weapons I'd requested. He was my escort out and luckily with motorcycles you could ride with a face concealing mask so no one would recognize me.

"So you've not told me yet!" Jason yelled over the roar of his engine, we were flying and the motorcycle was a bit louder than usual. "What exactly did you forget that's so important?" He asked.

I paused for a moment, "I forgot a backpack filled with some clothes I need." Jason nodded.

"Okay, cool." He said, his hand pulling back on the handles as the engine revved and we went faster.

Each mile we got closer to camp, the most excited I became. I was more ready than I cared to express to finally tell Jason and Damian and everyone about who I really was.

"Hey another quick thing!" Jason yelled. "How is that Piper girl doing?"

I sighed. "Piper's doing much better! Her dad got her a therapist and she just got this boyfriend! His name is Jason Grace!"

"Cool! I know how tough those situations can be, but it's good to hear she's doing well!" I nodded, smiling. It truly was good, she seemed to really like the guy, and it was nice that she could finally find someone for her. So far she'd said they really seemed to have a connection.

We drove for a few more miles in silence, the wind loud against the helmet.

"Jason!" I yelled.

"Yeah?" He called back.

"Do you know about the Greek mythos?" I asked.

"Well? A little. I learned most of it from Sally." He said.

"Do you know of-"

————— Jason's POV: —————

"Do you know of-" Percy's grip on me loosened, her voice stopping.

"Do I know of what?" She didn't respond. I felt my brows furrow. "Percy?" I slowed the bike as I turned back but I felt my stomach drop as I realized Percy wasn't there anymore. My eyes widened as I pressed harshly on the brakes. "Percy!" I yelled, turning the bike around. Did she fall off?

My blood began pumping as I looked around, driving slowly as I looked for any sign of Percy.

There was nothing, she wasn't on the side of the street, there was no clothes, no phone, as terrifying as it would be to see, no blood. She was just...gone.