Chapter 50

————— Damian's POV: —————

"Goodnight Damian." Percy said, pushing herself off my bed. She landed on the floor and gave me a small wave.

"See you tomorrow Percy." I replied. She gave me a smile and nod before she walked off heading for her room. I watched as she went, watching just until the door closed before I let out a small sigh.

Over the course of a month, through the relentless teasing one thing had become very clear: I liked Percy.
Dick had made it hard to hide at times, he had a habit of elbowing me under the dinner table and giggling from afar. It would've been gross if I hadn't been so furious.

But that was all secondary at the moment because tomorrow was Valentine's Day, and Dick had been telling me to confess tomorrow. Now I don't usually listen to Dick, but he was better at this stuff then I was so for once I was going to take his advice. I'd prepared somethings in advance, including some flowers I'd had stashed in my closet and convincing Stephanie to drive us to a cafe I thought she'd like if all things went well. The plan had been in motion for a week, and at the cost of a couple dollars, my dignity, and a month's worth of dessert from Alfred, I had it all ready.

I sighed, feeling my heart pound loud in anticipation. I didn't like being nervous cause I often found myself being the exact opposite, it was silly that something so simple could make my hands clammy and and my chest feel tight.

With a shake of my head I tried to push the feeling off for tomorrow as I began getting ready for bed.

————— Percy's POV: —————

I brushed my teeth quickly, my phone set to the side as I prepared to go to bed. My hair was already up after my shower and my clothes were now changed to my looser pajamas.

As I set down my toothbrush, wiping off the remaining toothpaste from my lips my phone buzzed. I looked to the side to see it was Piper. I smiled as I grabbed the phone, picking up the call as I raised the phone to my ear.

"Hey Pipes, what's up?" Almost immediately Piper spoke up.

"Tomorrow is Valentine's Day!" She said happily. "So are you gonna ask Damian to be your Valentine?" She asks. I felt my face heat up as I held the phone tighter.

"Piper!" I half yelled. It had been a mistake to confess my secret to her in weeks past, she'd made every effort to convince me to confess to him, none of which had yet to succeed. "I'm not going to do that."

She groaned. "Percy, I'm so sure he'd say yes. I mean, I've seen him at enough parties to know when he hates someone's company and all those signs are not present when he's around you." I scoffed.

"Yeah that surely means he likes me." I ran a hand through my hair as I walked out to my room, my bed calling my name. I took a seat as Piper began again.

"It does! Damian is known for his brooding angst, and when you two hang out he's more...pleasant." She said pleasant cautiously, like she simply didn't have a better word to describe him. "Percy I'm serious though, I have a sense about these things, and my senses are telling me that he likes you too!" I rolled my eyes, pulling myself back into bed.

"But what about you?" I asked. "You have anyone you plan on asking out Ms Love Guru?" I asked, getting comfortable under the sheets.

"Nah." She replied, an air of annoyance to her tone. "The guys at my school are so stupid, I couldn't imagine being with any of them."

I laughed slightly. "Oh really? Not even one?" I could almost see her shake her head.

"Not one."

I smiled. "I'll be your gal-entine if no one asks either of us." I said with a bit of a joking tone.