Chapter 61

————— Percy's POV: —————

I extended my flat palm, four sugar cubes resting in a small pile on top of it. "Here Bud, for the amazing ride."

Blackjack happily ate the sugar cubes, stamping his foot happily.

"You're the best boss!" He said.

I smiled. "I'll give you some more later if you manage to drop my bags off in the front of the manor- without being caught- you think you can manage?" I asked.

Blackjack tossed his head back. "Agent BlackJack on the case!" I watched as he backed up, stamping his hooves a bit more before lifting himself into the air and disappearing into the night.

I'd come home a few days early this year, and although I wish I could've said it was so I could see everyone sooner, I really couldn't. Thalia had called me up a couple days ago, she and the hunters were stopping by Gotham and she wanted to talk to me about something important. I decided I'd come home early, talk to Thalia then surprise everyone. It was a win win honestly.

I walked out the alley, glancing around a bit before starting a steady stride towards the park the hunter's wanted to meet at, they were ever the survivalists even in a city. Of course not all of them were in the city, only a small group dispatched for utmost secrecy.

I jogged across the street listening to the angry beeping of the car that passed just behind me. With a sigh I walked into the dimly lit woods, stretching a little to get the cramps out of my limbs from the trip.

I walked for a while till I saw the mark of a lightning bolt on a tree. Immediately I looked around, making sure no one saw me before I darted into the woods. It took a little bit of pushing past the brush before I found the small clearing. I could feel a magical distortion around me but I tried not to pay it much mind, it was blocking the smoke from being seen by the general population.

Inside the clearing was a small camp, a fire set in the center and three small tents set up around it. Two girls tended to the fire while Thalia sat to the side, her arms crossed and her hair coated orange from the light.

I smiled as I tried to stay silent, sneakily trying to get behind her in an attempt to scare her. Unfortunately one of her subordinates looked up, our eyes meeting and immediately Thalia turned back to see me. I straightened up, pretending I was never trying to sneak up on her as I plastered a massive smile across my face.

"Hey Pinecone face! Lovely camp you have here!" Thalia smiled, an eyebrow raised as she dropped her arms to her side.

"Seaweed brain, you have the look of evil on you, you weren't trying to sneak up on me were you?" I faked a dramatic gasp, my hand on my chest as I tried to look offended.

"Cousin! I thought we were closer than this." Thalia rolled her eyes as she opened up her arms.

"Oh shut your mouth and come here." I smiled going in for the hug only to have my arms pushed to the side as she wrapped her arm around my neck, trapping me in a headlock, her knuckle going to my head as she began giving me a noggie. I tried to push her off only to have her pick up the speed.

"Thalia!!" I half yelled, though eventually she did stop.

Once I had recovered the two of us moved to her tent, the place once again used magic to reveal a much larger inside than outside. Thalia pointed me to a chair, to which I happily complied and took a seat.

She sat across from me, her smile actively fading as she looked towards me. Now in this lighting I could tell she'd just had her hair cut, the sides of her head were perfectly short leaving a longer top which rolled over to cover a bit of her forehead, it was a look only Thalia could make scary.