Chapter 69

((Hey all! Rq I'll admit that this story has begun it's arch towards closing, I suspect at most I will write about 10-13 more chapters before I move onto my regular one shots and finally other projects I've been neglecting. I figured it was better to ask now while I was ahead, but when I do get to the one shots, if there is anything you would like to see or hear about in their lives, feel free to comment your request on this paragraph so I can look back on it when I completely finish the book and can get everything anyone would want to see before I finally conclude the book for good. 

Anyways, this book has been one of my favorites to write but I'm kinda glad to be finished with this beheamoth lol, and I'm also glad to begin working on new books, I have already three in line, these being a rescue book from another creator who is leaving, my wonder woman book, and one potentially being red hood x Percy. It's going to be a lot but I hope to pick up a proper schedule so I can stop leaving you guys randomly lol. 

This message turned out much longer than I thought so I'm going to conclude quickly with the usual, I love you all so much, I hope you all have the best morning, noon, or night. There is always someone in your corner and remember you are dearly loved!

-R))

---------- Percy's POV: ------------

I knocked gently against the hard wooden door, waiting patiently for a response. It took a few minutes but eventually I heard a call to come inside.

I took in a deep breath, opening up the door to Bruce's office. His door swung open easily and smoothly, not a single noise or creek to mark my action.

Bruce stood up out of his seat, pushing some papers on his desk to the side before striding over to me. "Percy, how was the appointment with Alfred, everything okay?" Bruce asked, leaning against the edge of his desk, motioning for me to sit on the couch that was placed in front of an intricate stone fireplace. I nodded, moving to take a seat.

"Yeah, I'm healed up, though some wounds healed too quickly, or so he says. Also..." I hesitated, still not having fully come to terms with the idea of actually having someone to talk to. "Also he thought my tattoo was interesting." I said, rolling my sleeve up to slightly show it off before sitting on the plush couch.

Bruce hummed, nodding as he pushed himself off the desk, moving to the chair across from me, a coffee table separating us as he sat, his posture immediately correcting itself so he sat tall and proud. I found myself correcting my own posture in response.

"That's good." He said, moving his hands to rest in his lap, his fingers laced together just enough to keep his hands bound together. "Now I feel it's my time to talk with you. I understand that what you've been through is very traumatic, I wish there was something the team could've done to help, it's why we do this whole...nightly routine to begin with." He said slowly, clearly looking over his words like a proofreader, rewriting and supplementing incorrect words all at the same time.

I put my hand up, stopping him. "You guys couldn't have done anything," I said quickly, cutting him off. "I wish there were adults like you guys who could've helped us when I was a kid, but now..." I shrugged. "I'm adult enough to take care of my heritage's business. It's what I was basically born to do."

Bruce quickly shook his head. "You're children Percy, warriors are not what you're meant to be."

"It's demigod business Bruce, it's how we have to be. Its not fair, it's not right, and we can complain about it all we want but it's not gonna stop threats from ancient myths from tearing down our doors and killing us. Being warriors is what we have to be, and no amount of super hero-ing can protect all of us if we can't help ourselves." I said a bit harshly back. His eyebrows were forced down slightly but I could tell he understood, he wasn't happy about it though.