Chapter 53

————— Percy's POV: —————

It took a few months to settle back into life after the trial, but as school came to an end, and summer began to breathe new life into Gotham I couldn't help but feel that finally I could go back to normal. The real normal. For me that was.

Jason and I sat in his apartment, our eyes stuck on the tv playing in front of us. This was the last weekend we'd be spending together before I was going to camp.

"Percy," Jason said. I hummed and turned over to him. He looked at me with a nonchalant expression. "Is there anything you want to do before you go to camp?" He asked. I paused and thought for a moment. "We can do anything you want." He said.

Then an idea popped into my head. "Anything?" Jason put his hands up.

"Okay I don't like your expression. Anything within reason Percy."

I rolled my eyes. "I was going to ask if maybe I could go get my hair cut?" Jason looked momentarily surprised.

"Cut?" He asked.

"And dyed." I added.

Jason paused for a moment. "Sure." He finally said with a nod. "Let me see if Bruce's stylist is free." Jason grabbed his phone and immediately began sending a text message.

It took around 30 minutes but eventually Jason's phone vibrated. When he picked up the phone he smiled.

"Go get your shoes on Percy, we're gonna go get your hair done." I smiled as I quickly got up.

It took no longer than 15 minutes to get to the studio where I was welcomed by a smiling younger looking girl.

"Hello! You must be Percy!" The woman fawned, walking over and already grabbing my hair to rub it between her fingers. "And your hair is absolutely lovely!" She smiled. "So what are we looking to get done?" She asked. Jason glanced to me.

"I want to trim it a little and possibly, maybe due the ends a dark blue?" She nodded, looking over my hair again.

"I can see what I can do, come with me." I smiled and waved Jason goodbye as I walked with the woman into the back of the studio. The place was very warm, with white walls, light wooden floors, and many green and yellow accents everywhere. The place was the exact opposite of Bruce's manor and yet still kept that home-y feeling.

She sat me down on one of those chairs that can spin, before playing with my hair for a moment. "So how far are we wanting to cut?" I held up a strand of hair and motioned for an inch or two. I wanted to make sure to cut off enough so that it would be somewhat lighter. She nods in response and places her fingers where mine were. "Alright, and how far up are you wanting to go with color?" She asked.

"Not too far, maybe about 3-4 inches?" She nods, smiling.

"I like the vision, okay give me a moment to prepare everything." She disappeared behind a small curtain which held a pattern of tropical leaves and flowers. I looked over at myself in the mirror and was a little jarred.

I wasn't tired. Or at least I didn't look it. I leaned forward slightly to see that I looked healthier than I had in years. I smiled to myself, happy that I finally didn't look war torn.

The woman returned a moment later and smiled wide, her strawberry blonde hair was pulled up into a bun and a piece of cloth was tied around her hair, the knot up at the top of her head.

"You ready?" She asked. I smiled and nodded.

"More than anything."

——————