Chloe & Tor

Tor gazed into the darkness, his arm around Chloe's waist as she slept. He loved the feel of her chest rising and falling. He loved the sound of her sweet, little breaths. He was spooning her, her backside pressed up against his pelvis.

It all seemed to have more meaning now. More risk. More complications. Your duty is no longer to work. It is to breed. He kissed Chloe on the back of her neck.

But they had to bond first.

They hadn't spoken much since their return to their room, both lost in their thoughts. Chloe had met up with the other ladies and no doubt had discussed the situation, just as Tor and the men had. What was she thinking? What had they said to each other? She seemed neither happy nor sad and when it had come time to sleep, she'd curled into Tor's body as she usually did.

Tor brushed the hair away from her face. It was close to morning and he was wide awake, his mind spinning. He really hadn't had much sleep—not that it mattered anymore. Since waking, his heart had been beating a little faster than usual. He couldn't wait to get started with his new "duty". He kissed her on the ear.

She stirred in his arms.

'You're awake early,' he whispered.

'So are you.' She brushed her fingers over the arm around her waist. It made him shiver. 'What are we going to do today?'

'Whatever you want.'

'Can we go back outside again?'

'Why not?'

He could almost feel her smile. She fell silent. Tor didn't move.

'I need to go to the bathroom,' she said.

Tor released her and she got up. Without looking at him, she headed over, vanishing behind the door. Tor rolled onto his back, resting his arms up by his head as he gazed up at the ceiling.

The bathroom door whooshed back open. She stood across the room, watching him.

'Something wrong?' he asked.

She shifted on her feet. Her long dark hair was hanging wildly around her face. Her eyes were bright, her cheeks a little flushed. Tor looked away. It wasn't easy when she looked so beautiful.

She came over, her footsteps light against the floor. She crawled into bed. Tor sat up beside her. Their hips were touching. She reached over and took his hand.

'Can I kiss you again?'

Tor raised his eyebrows. 'Of course you can.'

She hesitated before leaning in to give him a lingering peck on the lips.

'You can do whatever you want with me,' he breathed.

'Hold me.'

Tor was awkwardly positioned but he tried his best, reaching his arm over and sliding it under her as he pulled her close. She held him back, her head sitting beneath his chin. He could smell her hair.

She crawled into his lap. Tor grimaced as her knee jarred him in the balls. Then she was sitting awkwardly on top of him, her face buried into the nape of his neck. He kissed her on the head. 'That what you want?'

She nodded. 'I'm sorry for being so slow.'

'What do you mean?'

'Everyone—everyone's done it.' Her voice trembled.

'There's no rush.'

'I don't know what's wrong with me.'

'There's nothing wrong with you.'