Myeong & Roco

'Well, as you know, things are going to change with this second pregnancy,' Miktar said.

'Our mission to acquire more females has been approved. We're heading back into Rictor 5's orbit as we speak.'

Zibry cocked an eyebrow. 'We're not going to attempt diplomacy?'

'Later,' Quinton said. 'When the time is right.'

'So, what does this have to do with us?' Roco said.

Miktar folded his hands upon the table as he looked at them seriously. 'Rachel, my mate, wants to go back to say goodbye to her family. It is my intention to escort her there.'

'Captain Ream won't be happy,' Zibry said.

'Captain Ream doesn't need to know.' He shrugged. 'What's he going to do?'

'He'll stop you.'

'Only if he knows about it.'

They all looked at each other. Zibry was frowning. Tor was scratching his head.

'I thought we could go together. Back each other up if things turn awry. I mean, those of you who have unfinished business for your mates.'

Unfinished business. Beneath the table, Roco gripped his knees. 'I'm in. I have some serious unfinished business.'

'Aisha will probably want to go,' Quinton nodded. 'She frets about her mother. It would be good to clear her conscience—and mine.'

'I need to go to,' Tor's mate piped in, her voice quavering and high. 'My father, my brother—I worry about them.'

'So that's four of us.'

'And me,' Drake said. 'Alexis has been thinking of her family a lot.'

Miktar relaxed back into his seat. 'Okay. Then it's settled. You're not interested?' He looked at Zibry, Clint and Silo.

'I'm not sure,' Zibry said.

'I'll have to speak with Juan.'

'That's a big no from me,' Silo said. 'She has nothing on Rictor 5. I'm all she's got.'

Miktar nodded. 'Go speak with them quickly. We'll reach Rictor 5's orbit in two hours. Let's meet here again. We'll go to holding bay 2 and take the same shuttle.' He spoke to them of the details.

The meeting was soon over and Roco returned to his room, his mind stuck on Rictor 5 and what was waiting for him there.

Myeong looked up from the table with a smile. 'That was quick. How is Quinton and Aisha? Are they happy?'

'They're fine,' Roco said in a hollow voice as he stared through the window toward Myeong's home.

Myeong frowned. 'What's wrong?' She rounded her shoulders as though something was crawling over her back. 'You feel funny.'

'We're going back to Rictor 5.'

She raised her eyebrows, then lowered them again. 'Unsurprising, I suppose. They're going to take more women?'

'You misunderstand me. We're going back to Rictor 5.'

Myeong blinked.

'I'm surprised you haven't seen my thoughts,' Roco said. 'Perhaps that's a good thing.'

Myeong still looked confused.

'We have unfinished business. I do. You do.'

She stared at him, then her eyes widened. She shot to her feet. 'What are you thinking?'