xi.

Lisa was nervous, but she tries her best to keep a calm facade. Jiyong and Top were on either side of her while Hermes was leading the way. Jennie was following them behind together with the other demigoddess--who introduced herself as Chaeyoung.

"Where is Irene?" Lisa asks.

"I'd be more worried about myself if I were you." Hermes retorts.

"Please, just tell me if she's safe." Lisa gnashes her teeth together in frustration.

"Don't use that tone on a god, pretty girl." Hermes sneers. "She's fine. The other gods talked to her earlier and her punishment will start tomorrow."

"What is her punishment?"

"Something lighter than yours, that's all I know."

"Actually, I don't think either of them deserves the punishment." Jennie comments. Hermes and his sons all look at her as if she said something offensive. "They did steal but they donated it, a lot benefitted from what they did."

Hermes laughs mockingly. "What? This kid and her fuck buddy are trying to be heroes or something?" she shoves a finger against Lisa's forehead.

"Irene is my best friend." Lisa grits.

"Your reputation is as bad as it is. Jiyong and Top saw you making out with your so called best friend, how will you clear that up?" Hermes grunts.

"Can you stop that?" Jennie hisses. "Let her explain things properly before you start throwing off assumptions about her. You're not even the one in charge of interrogating her."

Hermes glares at her but Jennie stands her ground. The daughter of Ares pulls Lisa with her before striding past the god and leaving them behind.

"You didn't have to do that." Lisa murmurs.

"I had to, he's pissing me off." Jennie reasons.

"Shouldn't I be the one who's pissed?" Lisa asks.

"Look, I know your reasons, I know your motives and I know what you did. Hearing those assumptions about you pisses me off. I'm mad because I was once the same as those assholes."

"You weren't..." Lisa says.

"I used you." Jennie sounded apologetic.

"I let you."

"Jennie! I'll deal with you later but take her to the gates now!" Hermes yells.

Jennie's hold on Lisa's arm loosens. "We'll talk later, you have to meet your mother first."

"Mother..." the word is so foreign on Lisa's tongue.

Jennie brings her to a cabin first. "Jennie! You're finally back. Successful mission as always." a woman greets upon seeing the two of them.

"Lisa, this is Nayeon, she's... A daughter of Aphrodite." Jennie introduces.

Lisa's eyes widened a bit before greeting her with a bow. Nayeon smiles sweetly at her. "It's nice to finally meet my famous sister. You're really pretty."

It's weird to suddenly have siblings when the only real family she had was her father. "It's nice to meet you." she says.

"She's going to meet Madame Aphro and the other gods so dress her appropriately." Jennie says.

"Sure thing. You know where your clothes are, right? So help yourself while I assist her." Nayeon tells her.

Jennie gently pats Lisa's shoulder before proceeding inside the cabin. Nayeon guides Lisa inside one of the rooms. Inside was a whole wardrobe of outfits, Lisa couldn't help but stare in awe.