xvi.

Jennie nearly chokes upon seeing her father all of a sudden. Chaeyoung looks at her in confusion because she too wasn't expecting to see the god just outside Hermes' quarters.

"What are you doing here?" Jennie asks.

"Hi dad, it's been a while. How are you?" Ares sarcastically remarks.

Jennie rolls her eyes. "Yeah that and what are you doing here?" she scowls.

"Well what do you think? I was told stories about my daughter and a certain kid of Aphrodite. I was going to talk to Hermes to give me more information." Ares explains.

"Can't you ask me instead? I will provide you with honest answers, you know." Jennie complains.

"Hermes insisted that I should talk to him soon so I had to hurry here." Ares shrugs. "Aren't you a little too old to have your father called in by your mentor?"

"Aren't I old enough to make my own decisions regarding who I decide to associate myself with?" Jennie retorts.

"Wait, is this what it's about? They're mad because you're too close with Aphrodite's kid?" Ares asks.

"Madame Aphro is the only one mad but... She calls the shots." Jennie replies.

Ares looks at her in disbelief. "I already gave you warnings before. Stay away from her kids if you don't want to be on her bad side."

"I never asked you this but I can't help it, why do you both have to get your kids involved?" Jennie asks.

"Calm down Jennie, you already angered two gods in there. Don't add another one." Chaeyoung reminds.

"Well my dad is the god of war so... He's always angry." Jennie shrugs.

"Look, I'm just trying to avoid problems with the goddess as much as possible." Ares runs his fingers through his hair. "Every child of mine follows the rules anyways, everyone but you and I'm just letting it slide because you are my best daughter."

"Can't you let it slide like one last time?" Jennie grins cheekily.

Ares dramatically wears his sunglasses, turns away and says 'no'. "You already asked me that several times, I am not believing you this time."

"Oh sir, this time it's a lot different." Chaeyoung joins in.

Ares cocks an eyebrow. "What makes you say that?"

"Meet Lisa first, then you'll know." Chaeyoung winks.

"I don't care what you think, I don't want that girl near my daughter anymore!" Ares, Jennie and Chaeyoung all stop when Aphrodite angrily storms out of Hermes' quarters.

The goddess stops when she realizes that there were people (demigods and a god) outside so she maintains her composure.

"Ares," she says.

Ares looks calm but Jennie noticed how her father's jaw clenched. "Aphrodite," he nods.

Hermes looks even more stressed out as he looks at the two. "Ares, you came earlier than expected."

"I heard this brat is causing trouble." Ares points Jennie. "Was she?"

Aphrodite's face says it all. Chaeyoung smoothly excuses herself while Jennie is left to deal with all three Olympians alone, much to her dismay.

"Let's all go inside, Ares still doesn't know the full story." Hermes suggests.

"I don't have time for this." Aphrodite sneers. "Ares, all I want is for your daughter to stay away from my daughter. That's that." with that, the goddess leaves.