xxi.

The whole morning has been irritating for Jennie. First of all, she doesn't want the other demigods to think that Lisa is her favorite (even though she is) so she has to pretend that she didn't mind when she saw a couple newbies shamelessly eyeing Lisa. The second straw was the son of Zeus who happened to be Lisa's sparring partner. The guy was cocky and arrogant, he was obviously playing with Lisa as they were supposedly sparring. The final straw was when she found out that Lisa's partner used his powers on her. Jennie would have broken the guy's nose if Lisa hadn't knocked him out beforehand.

So when Jennie finally got some time alone with Lisa, she thought that things would turn around. It momentarily does. As she was massaging Lisa and teasing her, she thinks that the irritation she went through was worth it.

But of course that all went down the drain when her father barges in on them and sees them in a very promising position.

"Oh fuck, dad." Jennie curses as she jolts up, she curses once again when her knee hits the coffee table.

Ares nonchalantly enters. "Aren't you supposed to be in the training area?" he asks Jennie. His eyes then land on Lisa. "Look who we have here."

"Dad, this is Lisa. We were just--"

"We've met." Ares smirks and Jennie's brows furrow in confusion. "We crossed paths in Olympus yesterday."

Jennie looks at her for an explanation. Lisa gulps before getting up. "Sir, I'd like to apologize for yesterday. I should have known better that I was talking to a god."

"Were you able to see your mother's quarters though?" Ares asks.

"Yes, thank you." Lisa nods.

"You didn't tell me that you met him." Jennie says.

"I wasn't sure if it was him." Lisa says as she slowly sits properly in the couch, her legs and arms still feel a bit numb.

"Like I said, just work on detecting pheromones better." Ares says.

"I'm sorry, sir." Lisa stands up.

"Ah no worries sweetheart." Ares grins as he takes Lisa's hand. "It's nice to finally meet you by the way."

"It's nice to properly meet you too. Lalisa Manoban, daughter of Aphrodite." Lisa greets.

Jennie cannot believe that she feels like the third wheel here. "So dad," she clears her throat. "What brings you here?"

"I was supposed to pay a visit in the training area but I thought I'd check if someone is here." Ares answers.

"You should have gone for the training area." Jennie grumbles.

"And what? Let you two have sex here in the living room?" Ares guffaws.

"N-no, we weren't. Jennie was just... helping me with something." Lisa stammers.

"Helping you with what exactly?" Ares gives Lisa a scrutinizing stare.

Lisa couldn't even look into Ares' eyes. She looks over at Jennie for help. "Stop scaring her, dad. We were in the training area earlier, Lisa was paired with a son of Zeus but her partner used his powers on her. I was just... giving her a massage." Jennie explains calmly.

"Oh please, I've given enough massages to know where they lead to." Ares laughs.

Jennie looks at her father in disbelief while Lisa subtly moves further away from the god.

"I could have lived my life without knowing that information." Jennie's face scrunches up. "Anyways since you're done checking this place out, can you leave?"