xxix.

Lisa feels like total crap. She splashes more water onto her face before returning to the bedroom. She notices that Jennie's gone but she doesn't have the energy to look for her so she settles back onto the bed again.

She hears the door opening but she doesn't move. "What time is it? Do you think I still have time to sleep before going out?" Lisa mumbles, she probably thinks it's Jennie that just entered the room.

"That won't be necessary, I cancelled our plans." Aphrodite says.

Lisa jerks up but she instantly regrets it when she feels a wave of nausea coursing through her. "What are you doing here?" she pants out.

Aphrodite takes a seat on the edge of the bed. "I told Jennie to leave first, she's with her father."

"What are you plotting, mother?" Lisa grumbles.

"I'm not plotting anything. I'm here to check on you because Jennie can't." Aphrodite explains. "You haven't noticed but you basically covered the whole house with your pheromones. Jennie might have self-control but you'll only make her suffer if she stays with you in this state."

"I did?" Lisa drawls. "So I'm still sex-on-legs despite feeling like shit?" she scoffs.

"You are a charming one." Aphrodite rolls her eyes. "Anyway, tell me specifically how you are feeling so I'd know what's wrong."

"I'll be fine." she stubbornly says.

"Lisa, the sooner you feel better then the sooner Jennie can come back here. If you're like this until tonight then I'll have to ask Jennie to switch rooms with me and I know you wouldn't want that." Aphrodite threatens.

"Okay, okay... I'll tell you everything." Lisa whines as she slowly sits up. Aphrodite assists her and lets her rest against the headboard. "I just feel like---" she doesn't finish again because she scrambles her way towards the bathroom once again.

Aphrodite sighs before following her. She rubs Lisa's back comfortingly as she throws up for the third time that morning. She doesn't say anything as Lisa finishes up and she waits until she's done brushing her teeth and gargling mouthwash before assisting her back to the bed.

"I feel nauseous, I feel like throwing up every ten minutes and I feel so irritated. It wasn't this bad when I first woke up, I don't understand why." Lisa complains.

Aphrodite nods. "I think I understand why." she says as she places a palm against Lisa's stomach.

The daughter of Aphrodite flinches away as her eyes widened in horror. "Can a daughter of Aphrodite get pregnant while doing it with a girl?!" she exclaims.

"Lisa--,"

"But we only used fingers once... I can't be--"

"Relax Lisa!" her mother grabs her by the shoulders. "Do you even hear yourself? How on Earth can you be pregnant?"

Lisa looks at her with wide eyes, she slowly relaxes. "But... but you look really serious and worried and you held my stomach."

"I did it because I'm sure it hurts from throwing up so much. Why would it even cross your mind that you'd be pregnant?"

Lisa looks away, face red from embarrassment. "Well there are plenty of absurd stories about birth from the gods. I mean, Athena was born from Zeus' forehead and you came from genitals thrown to the sea so... conceiving from fingers doesn't sound so crazy." she shrugs.

Aphrodite starts laughing at that. Lisa pouts at first but she lets out a giggle not long after. "Okay, now that I look back it is ridiculous. Please don't tell Jennie and Master Ares about it."