xxiii.

Classes managed to end without much happening during that day. Lisa is thankful that for once, she didn't attract trouble like she always does.

"There is still a lot of time left." Mingyu says. "Do you have any plans today, Lisa?" He asks.

"Not really." She shakes her head. "But if you guys have plans, you don't need to keep me company. I'll manage." She immediately adds.

"You sure?" Mingyu asks.

"I'm sure."

"I have another task for today as well." Hoyeon sighs. "I'll see you later, Lisa."

Irene keeps her eyes on her when her siblings left. "Do you really have no plans this afternoon?" The daughter of Eros asks.

"If you have plans, you can go. You don't have to keep me company if that's what you're worried about." Lisa says.

Irene scratches her head sheepishly. "I'd feel bad if I left you alone."

"Don't worry about it." Lisa waves her off. "What are you up to anyways?"

"We're going nymph hunting." Momo grins.

"Nymph hunting?" Lisa asks.

"Basically, they'll be searching for nymphs to flirt with." Dahyun rolls her eyes.

"Oh..." Lisa slowly nods. "Well good luck with that. I think I'll go find something to do while I'm alone."

"Well pretty girl, you don't have to worry about that." Momo says.

Lisa is about to ask what she means when she suddenly sees Jennie approaching them. The daughter of Ares looks like she's in a rush.

"Perfect timing as always." Irene clasps her hands as she shoves Lisa right into Jennie. "Don't do anything stupid. See you two later." She grins before leaving with Dahyun and Momo.

Lisa glares at Irene's retreating figure before muttering an apology to Jennie. "Is your training done?" She asks.

"Yeah, I'm only supposed to check the morning schedule so I'm free for the afternoon." Jennie says.

"Is there something wrong? You seem to be in a rush when you get here." Lisa asks.

"Let's go somewhere else first." Jennie says.

"Okay. Have you eaten?" Lisa asks her.

"I have, how about you?"

Lisa shakes her head. "But I'm not hungry."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, where do you want to go?" Lisa asks as she instinctively takes Jennie's hand.

The daughter of Ares blinks at her at first. Lisa is about to pull her hand away but Jennie intertwines their fingers. "The usual place." Jennie answers with a smile.

Lisa doesn't know why she suddenly decided to hold her hand, it just felt natural for her. She's glad Jennie went along with it. It felt nice.

Like she expected, Jennie takes her to the lake. They sit down at their usual spot. "Is there something important that you want to tell me?" Lisa asks.

"I know you wouldn't like it if I brought up our parents but we need to talk about this." Jennie starts.

Lisa's brows furrow. "Did something happen?"

"Remember your talk with your mom?" Jennie asks and Lisa hesitantly nods. "She said that she gave you the strongest charm, right?"

Lisa purses her lips. "She did."