02

LUCIUS ARTHURO POV

I keep going back to my cellphone to check if my girlfriend has sent me a text. It feels strange because I haven't received a text from her since yesterday. Is she tired of me? Yes, I admit it, I don't have much time for her because I am a governor, and she always gets angry at me for not fulfilling her desires. But kaya kung tiisin, all her anger because I love her. Totoo nga ang kasabihan nila na love can drive you crazy.

I stopped looking at my cellphone when I heard three knocks. My secretary came in. "Good afternoon, Gov. Your mom called me earlier. She wants you to visit them tomorrow before you go to the office po" I just nodded in response. It has been a while since I last visited our mansion.

I was busy checking the schedule for tomorrow when my phone rang, and I thought it was from my girlfriend. But it turned out to be from my friends who had nothing better to do than to fool around.

"Hey dude! I saw your girlfriend here at my bar. She's with someone," my drunk friend said, furrowing my brow.

"What?"

"Yes, dude." I couldn't believe what I saw! My girlfriend was with another man, and they were kissing! I ended the video call from my friend.

Ano bang ginawa niya? Tuluyan na ba niya akong iniwan?

Hindi ako naka tulog dahil sa nakita ko and yes a half of me naniniwalang tatawag ang girlfriend ko para mag explain.

Late na akong dumating sa bahay kinabukasan. And to my surprise a saw a girl wearing a white dress. She looked perfectly beautiful, and her skin color stood out due to her dress. She sat on the sofa like a princess. Behind her was a man who was just as old as my dad. The girl had a foreign appearance. I asked my mom who they were, but they changed the topic and left.

When only the two of us were left in the living room, I hesitated about what to ask her. Should I greet her? Or what? Regret filled my mouth as those questions came out. What was wrong with me? This strange feeling was driving me crazy. I turned away from her because I didn't know how to interact with her. Wow, a fucking governor just turned his back on a girl because of this weird feeling!

In the living room, I saw my sister, who is only five years younger than me. I didn't know what her relationship was with my friend, but she's of the right age, so she deserves it.

Breakfast was so boring because they were talking about business again. When I looked at my watch and saw that it was almost 8 am, I suddenly interrupted. The girl looked at me as if she was disappointed or something. My sister immediately scolded me. They really look good together, my friend and my sister.

Everything would have been fine, but when they answered my question, it suddenly angered me. My parents have been criticizing my girlfriend for a long time. They insult her, saying she's a gold digger, but I don't care because I love her.

I walked out. I was aware that Mommy and Daddy followed me.

"Escian, let's not rush their wedding. The kids are still surprised," I paused when I heard that. It was from the father of the beautiful girl. He loves his daughter very much; I could feel it because during the meal, he kept asking her what kind of food she liked.

"It's not possible, Sardeo. You will suffer losses, and your business will collapse. Your ex-wife stole a lot of money from you, and it's not easy for you to recover, especially since most of your international customers backed out," my father's response made my teeth clench in anger. He is indeed selfish.

The man had no choice but to go back and talk to his daughter.

"I know what you did, Dad. You really are so selfish," I said angrily to him.

"Lucian, don't say that to your dad," Mommy scolded me, but I didn't mind them because they were both only thinking of themselves.

"You must sign the marriage contract, or else I'll kill your girlfriend," see? He's a true demon. He's capable of killing just to get what he wants.

And in just a second, I had a wife. I looked at the girl. Her name is Precieuse Sonne Geuvara. Her name is very beautiful, but her personality is the complete opposite. My anger flared up when I saw her sign without hesitation. And she even smiled at the people as if her dream had come true.

After that shitty wedding, I immediately went to the event where I was invited. My mom texted me about our new house that they gave us as a gift.

"I'm sorry for being late, Mayor Gio," I apologized to the mayor here in the province. They were celebrating the local fiesta tomorrow, and today they had organized an event. It was a talent show for the candidates, and later in the evening, they would have the coronation. I'm not a fan of pageants, but because I am the governor, my presence is highly needed.

When the emcee called my name for a short message, I went up on stage. Of course, I had to pretend and talk about how beautiful their candidate is. After that, I started my speech by introducing my project in their area. I mentioned that I would add school facilities because I heard that some classrooms were divided between grades 1 and 2. The population has also increased, and the previous governor failed to address this issue. I also announced that a small hospital will be established in their area so that they don't have to travel far if someone gets sick or needs medical attention. My speech ended with expressions of gratitude.

I had to attend the coronation night later in the evening, which I thanked for because I couldn't go back home. I just checked into a hotel nearby. The event went smoothly and ended quickly.

During the night, I suddenly woke up because of a bad dream, a dream where I supposedly saw my wife. I got even angrier when I remembered her beautiful face, how sexy she was, and how perfect her height was.

For Pete's sake! I don't know why she suddenly popped into my mind. Now I have to call one of my girls just to try and forget about that woman.