29

Tiningnan ko  si Lucian ng pabalik balik sya ng lakad sa harapan ko. Kanina pa sya hindi napakali kesyo daw baka hindi sya matanggap ng anak ko.  Pinilit ko syang huwag nalang sumama sakin na sunduin ang anak ko. Ayaw ko naman biglain si Elle lalo na at wala syang kinikilalang ama.

He insisted on driving me to school because he couldn't wait to see his daughter. Now, I feel like he regrets his decision. I look away, and there I saw Elle running towards me. Umayos ako ng tayo at pinanood sya habang may mga ngiti na nakaukit sa labi ko.

Elle's eyes light up as she spots us, and without hesitation, she throws herself into my arms. "Mom!" she exclaims, hugging me tightly. I smile down at her,  hinalikan ko sya sa kanyang noo.

I glance at Lucian, who seems taken aback by the sudden affection. Sinuklay ko ang buhok ni Elle gamit ang mga kamay ko tsaka ko sya pinantayan ng tingin. "Elle, this is someone very special," I say, gesturing towards him. "This is your father, Lucian."

Nervousness struck me as I observed my daughter's cold emotion. She bit her lips, and tears began to flow.

"I hate you!" Elle shouted, her words cutting through the air. I hugged her tightly, trying to provide comfort amid the emotional storm.

Lucian, though visibly hurt, stood patiently. "Elle, I understand if you're upset. I'm here to make things right," he said gently, reaching out to wipe away her tears.

Elle pushed him away, still overwhelmed with anger. "You left us! Mom was sad, and I cried so many times," she confessed, her voice quivering.

Lucian took a deep breath, his determination unwavering. "I know I made mistakes, Elle. I want to be there for both of you now. What can I do to make things better?"

Elle remained silent, treating Lucian as a stranger, distant and guarded. Lucian persisted in his efforts to win her over. Each day, he showered her with toys she had always wanted, attempting to break through the walls she had built.

Despite the sleepless nights consumed by paperwork for his company, Lucian prioritized his time with Elle. He engaged in playful activities, shared laughter, and tirelessly sought ways to bring joy into her life. Lahat ginagawa niya para sa amin kahit na ang kapalit pa nun ay wala syang tulog.

As I observed Lucian's unwavering commitment, I couldn't help but notice the genuine effort he put into understanding Elle's world. Mas lalo lang akong nahulog dahil sa mga ipinakita niya sa aming mag ina.His gestures, though small, carried a profound sincerity that echoed his desire to be a father figure in her life.

Naka ngiti kong tiningnan ang mag ama ko, nasa kandungan ni Lucian si Elle at sinusubuan niya ito. Panay then ang pag share ni Elle ng kung ano anong kwento at panay naman ngiti at tango si Lucian.

"You know, Daddy, I have a classmate named Zyno courting me," Elle said, her eyes sparkling. "He said he has a crush on me and loves me. But don't worry, Dad, I rejected him because he's ugly."

Lucian chuckled, "Very good. You can be in a relationship at the age of 28, understood? Anyway, let's go. You'll be late for school." Tumingin sa akin si Lucian at hinalikan ako sa labi ng mabilis.

When they were on our way to school, Elle suddenly said she wants to see me in a white long gown, walking down the aisle.

"Dad, when are you going to propose to Mom? I can't wait," Elle asked eagerly.

I was caught off guard, quickly looking at Lucian. I didn't want him to feel pressured, especially not because of my daughter's words.

"I'm just waiting for the right time to hear your mom say 'Yes.' I'm not courting her to be my girlfriend, you know girlfriend and boyfriend are for teens only. I'm courting her to be my wife," Lucian said with determination, his words echoing in the car.