28

I am now busy checking my bag when suddenly a knock interrupt me from the door.

"Ma'am Sonne, may bisita po kayo" ani ng katulong namin tsaka umalis. Tiningnan ko ang wrist watch ko at mag alas nuebe pa naman sa morning. Sino namang bibisita sa akin? Sinara ko ang zipper ng bag ko tsaka ako bumaba sa hagdanan to welcome my visitor. 

Nang naka baba ako, ay doon ko lang nakita si Lucian. Kausap niya ang aking ina na tuwang tuwa.Kinabahan akong lumapit sa kanya ng maalala kong may mga picture sa sala si Elle. Agad ko syang nilapitan at iginaya agad papunta sa kusina. Nilingon ko si mama at tinuro ang mga picture frame kaya natauhan sya bigla at tinawag ang ibang mga kasambahay namin.

"I didn't expect such a warm welcome," Lucian remarked in a sarcastic tone. I offered a simple smile as I took a seat across from him.

"Well, surprise visits deserve the best hospitality," I replied, trying to match his playful tone. Lucian chuckled, glancing around the room.

"I must say, your home is quite impressive. It has that elegant touch," he complimented, his eyes briefly lingering on the decor. I thanked him and quickly changed the topic.

"So, what brings you here, Lucian? Unexpected visits are rare," I inquired, curious about the purpose of his sudden appearance. He leaned back in his chair, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

He looked at me with an awe-struck expression. "I just miss you very much, Sonne."

I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at his sentimental admission. "Geez, you could have just video called me or something, instead of flying all the way from the Philippines straight to our doorstep," I said in a worried tone. The idea of Lucian making such an impromptu visit left me puzzled.

"Are you worried about me, my love?" Lucian said in a baritone voice. He stood up and positioned himself behind me. Suddenly, his arm encircled my waist, and we found ourselves in a backhug.

I chuckled nervously, feeling a mixture of surprise and warmth. "Well, it's not every day you get a surprise visit from someone halfway across the globe."

Lucian's laughter resonated in my ears. "I couldn't resist the temptation to see you, Sonne. And besides, a backhug is way better than a virtual one, don't you think?"

I couldn't argue with that logic. "Fair point," I admitted, leaning back into the unexpected embrace. The kitchen seemed to fade away as we shared a moment of genuine connection amidst the chatter of our surroundings.

Agad kaming napalayo sa isat isa ng may narinig kaming pekeng ubo.

"Kukuha lang ako ng water" sabi ni mama without looking sa eyes ko. Nagmamadali syang umalis kaya hinarap ko si Lucian.

His two hands were still on my waist. I glanced at him, contemplating if now was the right time to reveal Elle's existence—our daughter.

Lucian, sensing the shift in the atmosphere, looked at me with a questioning gaze. "Sonne, is everything okay?" he asked, his hands still lingering on my waist.

I took a deep breath, and with a hesitant smile, I decided it was time to share how Elle came into my life. "Lucian," I began, "there's someone very special I want you to meet. Someone who has become an integral part of my world."

As I spoke, I reached for my phone, and with a subtle gesture, I revealed my wallpaper – a picture of Elle. The warmth in Lucian's eyes turned into surprise and curiosity as he looked at the image.

"This is Elle," I said, my voice filled with both pride and affection. "She's an incredible young girl, and, well, she looks like a girl version of you."

Lucian's eyes widened as he studied the photo. "Sonne, is she...?" he started, but the question lingered unspoken between us.

I nodded, my heart heavy with the weight of the revelation. "Yes, Lucian. Elle is our daughter." The room seemed to hold its breath as I waited for his reaction, uncertain of how he would take the news.

"Our daughter? Where is she?" Lucian asked, his eyes searching mine for an answer.

"Elle is at school at the moment," I replied, feeling a mix of anticipation and nervousness. "But don't worry, you'll get to meet her later. I thought it was about time you knew."

Lucian's expression shifted, a myriad of emotions playing on his face. "Our daughter," he repeated, his tone a blend of surprise and realization. "I... I never knew."

I nodded, understanding the weight of the revelation. "It's a long story, Lucian, and I should have told you earlier. Elle is a wonderful, kind-hearted girl. She's got your charm, and you'll see the resemblance when you meet her."

Lucian took a moment to absorb the information, and then a genuine smile crossed his face. "I can't wait to meet her, Sonne. This changes everything, but in a good way."
I smiled, observing his reaction. Indeed, Elle is our happy pill. I still remember a time when I was feeling so down, and there Elle came, my source of hope.

"Elle has this incredible ability to light up any room she enters," I shared, the warmth in my voice reflecting the fondness I held for our daughter. "She's not just a girl version of you in looks but also in her kindness and spirit. You'll see, Lucian, meeting her will bring a lot of joy."

Lucian's eyes sparkled with anticipation, and his smile grew wider. "I'm eager to create memories with her, Sonne. You've given me the best surprise today."

--------

Hi just a short Update muna today. Sorry kasi natagalan. Kailangan ko pang basahin to ng buo kasi nakalimutan kona ang plot sa story na to. I lost my phone kasi last last month ( October) kaha bago na yong gamit ko so nawala yong copies ko sa mga plot ng story na ito. Na gets ko naman na kaha before our Second sem starts baka matapos kona ito.

Merry Christmas pala sa lahat. Alam ko ng medyo nakalimutan niyo na ako.

Pero Yun nga I am so happy din naman kasi patuloy yong pag grow ng mga followers ko kahit na hindi na ako masyadong active dito.

Anyway Pu-publish kona ito. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.