19

"doc ano pong nangyari?" Tanong ko ng isa isa silang pumasok sa kwarto ni tatay. Pinalabas ako ng isang nurse kaya hindi ko na marinig sila sa loob. Wala pa naman si Sky ngayon.

As I anxiously waited outside my father's room, the doctor and his team spent considerable time inside, examining my father and discussing his condition. When they finally emerged, I rushed to meet them.

"Doc, ano pong nangyari? How is my father?" I asked, my voice trembling with worry.

The doctor looked at me with a sympathetic expression. "Miss Sonne, your father's condition has worsened. His heart is becoming weaker, and we are running out of time. The best option for him now is a heart transplant."

My heart sank at the news. A heart transplant was the only hope for my father's survival, but I knew how challenging and costly it could be to find a suitable donor.

"Doc, please, we'll do anything to save him. But how long will it take to find a suitable heart donor?" I pleaded, my eyes filling with tears.

The doctor's face showed a mix of concern and empathy as he replied, "Finding a compatible heart donor can be a lengthy and unpredictable process. We will do our best to expedite the search, but there are no guarantees. Meanwhile, we need to continue with medical treatments to stabilize his condition as much as possible."

"But, Doc, we don't have enough time. My father's health is deteriorating rapidly," I implored. "Is there anything we can do? Any other options?"

The doctor sighed, understanding the gravity of the situation. "I wish I had better news for you, Miss Sonne. At this point, a heart transplant is the best chance we have to save his life. However, I understand the financial constraints. It's an expensive procedure, and the cost of finding a suitable donor can be significant. Excuse us"

Napatulala ako kung hindi lang ako tinawagan ni Sky ay nagmukha na akong manequin.

With desperation creeping in, I discussed my father's situation with Sky, hoping that her friend's connections in the Czech Republic could provide a possible solution. "Sky, diba may kaibigan ka sa Czech? Sky, what if we bring Tatay there? We don't have much time left."

Sky's eyes lit up with hope. "You're right, Sonne. Let me talk to my friend immediately and see if he can help arrange for your father's treatment there. We can't waste any more time."

As Sky made the call, I returned to the city to personally bid farewell to Lucian. When I arrived at his place, my heart sank once again as he was nowhere to be found. The worries about my father's health and the burden of the family business weighed heavily on my mind, and now, the uncertainty surrounding Lucian added even more stress to my already overwhelming life.

Feeling defeated, I said goodbye to Nana Carmen and headed back to the hospital. I couldn't fathom how things had spiraled out of control so quickly. The absence of Lucian, combined with my father's critical condition, left me feeling more alone than ever.

Back at the hospital, Sky approached me with a hopeful smile. "Sonne, I spoke to my friend, and he's willing to help. He has connections with some top-notch medical professionals in the Czech Republic. He'll assist in arranging your father's treatment there."

A glimmer of hope flickered in my heart. "Thank you, Sky. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"We'll do this together, Sonne. We won't let your father down," Sky reassured me, holding my hand tightly.

With the assistance of Sky's friend, the preparations for my father's treatment in the Czech Republic began. It was an arduous process, but the thought of giving my father a chance at a better life kept me going.