Chapter 4: Wake Me Up

=Mitch's POV=

English. Last period, where no one pays attention to the teacher bit focuses on the clock ticking down, especially on a Friday. Except me, my attention was to Jerome. With only minutes left, the teacher, Mr. Winter, stopped his lesson. "Before you go, class, we have a project!" He said, and the entire class groaned. "I'll pick your partners, as soon as you hear your name you're dismissed." We all groaned again. Projects sucked on their own, but with assigned partners, they were the worst. I prayed that is end up with someone who I could actually work with, like Jerome. But sadly, that's not how it works. "Leah and Alex, Jamie and Emma, Tori and Hope, Mitchell and Dominic," I felt all color drain from my face. No no no no! This is not happening. My mind raced to the thought of all the awful things Dom could do to me at his own house. "Jerome and Nick." The teacher finished calling names, and there were only five of us left in the classroom.

"Ready for this, Mitch?" Dom taunted. Alex and Nick came and stood behind Dom, and Jerome went up and started talking to Mr. Winter. I gathered my stuff as fast as I could, and tried to get out the door. "Mitchell! Dom! Nick!" Mr. Winter called, right before I could get out the door. "Yes sir?" I turned. He waved the three of us over to his desk, where Jerome still stood. "I'm switching you guys up for the project. Dom, you will be with Nick instead. Mitchell, you're working with Jerome." My stomach flipped. "Okay. See you Monday." Dom and Nick walked out of the room, and I knew they were waiting right outside for me. Great. "Is that okay with you, Mitchell?" Mr. Winter asked. "Y-Yes. Thank you." I nodded, and started towards the door. "Mitch!" Jerome called from behind me. I stopped, and he came and stood beside me. "Wanna come over tomorrow to start? We can pick a topic and stuff?" He asked. I stood frozen. Jerome asked me to come over. Maybe for a project, but still. "Um... Yeah. That's be great." I answered. "Awesome! I'll call you, give me your phone." he said. I slipped my phone out of my pocket, unlocked it and handed it to him. "C'mon, I'll go with you to your locker." he started forward. It took so much to actually move my legs to follow him. I was in some weird paralyzed form, where the fact that Jerome was actually even talking to me kept me frozen. I was in some sort of dream, I had to keep teing myself this was real as I followed Jerome from the room. As I'd expected, Dom was waiting a little bit down the hall for me. I stopped, and tried to go another direction. Jerome kept walking forward, but when he noticed I wasn't with him, he came back. "Mitch! What's wrong?" He asked, stopping me. "N-Nothing. I-" "Isn't your locker that way?" He asked, cutting me off. "Yes." I whispered, and looked at my feet. He looked back down the hallway, then back at me. "Come on." He said, grabbing my arm and pulling me back the way we were originally going. I tensed at his touch, but he didn't let go. He walked straight past Dominic, and dragged me with him. I didn't dare look up at him, and Dom didn't dare mess with me in front of Jerome. Jerome wouldn't ever hurt anyone, yet he strikes some sort of fear into everyone else. Everyone wanted Jerome to like them, because if he didn't, none of his friends would. He was friends with practically the whole school.

"Here." I stopped in front of my locker, and started opening the lock. Jerome just stood behind me and watched me throw all the books I didn't need into my locker. Once I'd packed enough, I went to put my earbuds into my phone, out of habit. But I didn't have my phone. "See you tomorrow?" Jerome asked, and I nodded. He started to walk away. "J-Jerome?" I called out, and he stopped. "Yeah?" He turned. "You still have my phone." I said, looking down. "Oh! Sorry dood." He handed me my phone. "My numbers there. Text me tonight, and we can arrange a time for tomorrow." He said. "Okay." I said, and started walking away. I slipped my earbuds in and hit play as I walked.

I tried carrying the weight of the world, but I only have two hands, hope I get the chance to travel the world, but I don't have any plans.

I wish that I could stay forever this young, not afriad to close my eyes, life's a game made for everyone, but love is a prize

Wake me up when it's all over, when I'm wiser and I'm older, all this time i was finding myself, I didn't know I was lost.

::A/N::
Song of the Chapter: Wake Me Up, by Avicii

Hai Rosebuds! How are you all? I hope well. I hope you guys are enjoying so far, and I love you doods! Until next chapter, ~Rosie <3