Chapter 17: Beneath Your Beautiful

=Mitch's POV=

I didn't want to leave Jerome's arms, and I don't think he would have let me if I did. I had my head against his chest and my arms around his waist. He had one hand on my back while the other was running through my hair. We both jumped when my phone rang.

I took it out of my pocket and answered it, seeing it was my mom. "Hey, Mom." "You coming home tonight, Mitchy? She asked immediately. "Uh..." I put my phone down so my mom couldn't hear me. "Can I stay the night?" I whispered to Jerome. "Of course babe." he answered. I put my phone back to my ear. "Can I stay the night with my boyfriend?" I asked, grinning at Jerome. He raised his eyebrows at me, but smiled anyway. "Oh, yes Mitch! I'm so excited, you have to bring him by tomorrow!" My mom exclaimed. "What about..." I started, knowing she could finish my sentence. "He went to the casino this morning while you were at Emma's. He told me he'd be back tomorrow night." She answered. "Perfect. Thanks, Mom." "Love you Mitchy." "Love you too, Mom." I hung up and tossed my phone to the edge of the bed. "Your mom knows about you... You know..." Jerome started. "Yeah. She's the best." I smiled, but he sighed. "I have no idea how my parents would react. Or the rest of the Pack." He said, looking away from me. "Hey, if they've excepted me, they'll obviously except you, Jerome. You don't need to worry about them." He looked back at me, eyes hopeful. "Really?" He asked. I nodded "Of course."

------------------

"I am so... Tired." I yawned. We'd gotten up to watch movies in the living room after Jerome's parents went to sleep. I was curled up against him again, eyes closed, and I was more on top of him then not. "Here we go." He said. I didn't bother to open my eyes. Suddenly, his arms were beneath my knees and neck, and we were moving. "I... I woulda gotten up, you know." I said quietly. "I don't mind carrying you." He answered. I just let it go and wrapped my arms around his neck, silently begging him not to drop me. "I'm not letting you go, Mitch." He said, like he could read my mind. "Thank you." I whispered. "Well, now I am." He said, and he set me down on what I assumed was his bed. I opened my eyes, and he was looking for something in a drawer. "Goodnight, Mitch." He said after pulling something out and walking towards the door. "No, Jerome." I swung my legs over the edge of the bed. "What's wrong?" He asked, turning around. "I'm not taking your bed." I said, standing up and walking to where he was standing. "I'll sleep on the couch, go ahead." I slipped past him, and started to walk away. He grabbed my wrist, and pulled me back before I could get very far. "We could... Like... sleep together. Not like... You know... But just..." He stammered. I smiled. "Okay, Jerome." He smiled sheepishly and pulled me back into the room.

We both collapsed onto the bed together, and I immediately curled up to him again. He let his arms fall around my waist, and pulled me closer to him. "Goodnight, biggums." He said. "Night, Jerome." I answered, and rested my head on his chest again. I slowly drifted off to sleep, the sound of Jerome's heartbeat lulling me out of consciousness.

--------------

I woke up the next morning to Jerome quietly mumbling the words to a song as he searched for something in his room.

You tell all the boys "no", makes you feel good, yeah. I know you're out of my league, but that won't scare me away, oh, no

You let all the boys go, makes you feel good, don't it? Behind your Broadway show, I heard a boy say "Please don't hurt me."

You've carried on so long, you couldn't stop if you tried. You've built your wall so high, that no one could climb it, but I'm gonna try.

Would you let me, see beneath your beautiful, would you let me, see beaneaters your perfect, take it off now boy take it off now boy, I wanna see inside, would you let me, see beneath your beautiful, tonight.

I slowly sat up, stretched my arms, and yawned. "Morning, sleeping beauty." Jerome chuckled when he saw me. "What time is it?" I asked, glancing around. "Close to ten, you slept forever." He answered. "You could've... Could've woken me up." I said, yawning again. "Yeah, and then you would've passed out on me later." He said. I laughed and nodded. "You're probably right." I stood up and walked over to him. I slid my arms around him and leaned on his back. "I might just pass out now, again." I sighed. He turned around and lifted me up, smiling. I wrapped my legs around his waist and moved my arms to his neck, again holding on like he would let me fall. "God, Mitch. I. Am. Not. Going. To. Drop. You. I would never." he said, and kissed the top of my head. "Thank you." I said again. "Now that your up, I can finally eat breakfast. To the kitchen!" He walked out the door, and I stayed put in his arms.

::A/N::
Hallo Rosebuds! Whatcha all up to? I'm outside on my swings as I write this. I usually am when I'm writing. Anyway, thank you so much for all the love and support, you guys are amazing. Until next chapter, ~Rosie <3

P.S. Song: Beneath Your Beautiful, by Labyrinth feat. Emili Samdé