Chapter 16: Soldier

=Mitch's POV=

<Time Skip: A week later (A/N: I'm sorry I skip so much ;-; ~Rosie)>

Another week gone, another week closer to graduating and getting out of the hell-hole that was this school. I never hated school, but because I was so close to leaving, the place worsened. On the plus side, because I was now hanging with the Pack, Dominic and his gang haven't touched me. Hadn't even dared to come near me. But when I left school without bruises, I was greeted by them at home. My father had gotten worse, if that was even possible. It was getting harder and harder to hide the marks, harder to hide the secret. My arms were covered in bruises, and my legs ached from being kicked. I had to wear long sleeved hoodies and jeans, even though it was May and getting warmer by the day. I didn't have a choice.

I was over Jerome's house almost every day, and when I wasn't there I was at Emma's. I was never alone with either one of them, though. Emma was always with Victory, Emily, or Hope, who was Victory's best friend that went to a private school. And of course Jerome had the Pack. So I couldn't talk to Emma about our lives in general, nor could I talk to Jerome about... whatever it was we were.

----------------

I was at Emma's, getting to know the new girl Hope, when my phone went off. It was a text from Jerome.
J- Wanna come over?
M- Sure, who else is coming?
J- No one, just you and me
M- Oh okay, I'll be over soon
I tucked my phone back in my pocket and turned to Emma and Hope. "Who ya texting?" Emma asked. "Jerome, he invited me over. You mind?" I asked, standing. "Nah, go ahead. Have fun." She grinned, and I glared. Hope just smiled. "Bye Mitch!" She waved. "Bye Hope, bye Emma." I walked out of Emma's back yard and to my car. I got in and drove off to Jerome's house.

I knocked on the door and it was opened seconds later, a smiling Jerome standing in the doorway. "Hey!" He greeted. "Hi." I answered, and he pulled me inside. He shut the door behind me and quickly pecked my lips. "Hasn't been just you and me in a while, huh?" He asked, a small smirk on his face. "N-No, it hasn't." I answered, still a little surprised. "The boys never give me us break, man." he sighed, and started walking towards the living room. I followed, and I ended up following him all the way to his room. "What's your favorite show?" He asked as he flopped onto his bed and turned on the TV. "I dunno, what about you?" I asked, leaning against the door frame. He shrugged. "C'mere, sit." he said, patting the spot next to him. I obeyed, and slid sat on the edge of the bed. "Really?" He asked, giving me a look. "What?" I asked. He leaned over and actually picked me up, and pulled me closer to him. I was practically in his lap. "Better." He said, snaking an arm around my waist. I flinched as he did so, which made him pull away. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Y-Yeah. Sorry." I answered quick. He'd accidentally hit a scar my father left. He carefully put his arm back, and I leaned against him. I rested my head on his chest, and he rubbed my back. Again, I winced in pain as his hand ran over a bruise. "Mitch, seriously. What's wrong?" He asked, pushing me away a little so he could see my face. "Nothing. I'm fine." I answered. "Mitch, you aren't fine. Every time I touch you, you back flinch in pain!" He examined. "No I don't!" I said, a little defensive. "Mitch." He put his hand on my arm, and I did my best not to flinch. He knew that it hurt me though. "Please, Mitch." He said, pleading with the sad look in his eyes. "I-I'm fine." I choked out, even though I felt like crying. He sighed. "Fine, Mitch. If you say so." he focused his attention back to the TV, and so did I.

"Mitch, can I see your sweatshirt?" Jerome asked. "You cold? Why don't you just go under the covers?" I said. "Because we're both on top of them!" He answered. "Alright, here." I smiled and pulled my sweatshirt over my head, not thinking about the reason I wore it. I had on a teeshirt under it, which didn't hide half the bruises on my arms. I handed my hoodie to him without thinking, and when I looked at him, he was horrified. "Mitch..." He choked out. "What... Oh." I saw what he was staring at. The cuts and bruises up my arms. My eyes started to water, and I pushed away from him. "I'm sorry Jerome... I'm so sorry-" "What happened? Did Dominic do this?" He asked, interrupting me. I took a moment to answer, debating telling the truth or not. I stared at him, and he stared back, worry present in his face. "No." I whispered, looking away from him. "How?" He said. "M-My f-father." I cried, as few tears fell from my eyes. "Oh, Mitch." He looked like he was going to cry as well. He moved so he could try to hug me without hurting me. I buried my face in his shoulder and cried. He had slowly wrapped one arm around me, while the other was playing with my hair. "Shh, Mitch. It's okay, I've got you." He cooed, trying to calm me down. "I-I'm sorry." I kept saying, over and over again. "You don't have to apologize Mitch, you've got nothing to be sorry for." he whispered. He held me for a while, until I finally pulled myself together. "T-Thank you." I whispered, staring up at him. "I'm so sorry, Mitch. I really am." He said. "Its not your fault, and we can't do anything about it anyway. I'll live." I assured him. He didn't say anything, but pulled me closer, wrapping me in his arms. "I wish I could take this from you." He said, looking down at me. "Take what?" I asked. "Take your pain."

I'll get you through it nice and slow, when the worlds spinning out of control

I'll get it if you need it, I'll search if you don't see it, you're thirsty I'll be rain, you get hurt I'll take your pain

And I know you don't believe it, but I said it, and I still mean it, when you heard what I told you, when you get worried I'll be your soldier

I gave him a sad smile. "I'm afraid it doesn't work that way." He sighed. "Well, then I'll try to help ease the pain." he answered. "Try as you might, Jerome." I said. "Okay." He said, and pulled me to him. Then his lips were on mine. I kissed back, and he pulled me on top of him as he fell into his back. I flinched a little, and he separated us. "Sorry." He whispered. "I don't care." I replied, reconnecting our lips. I felt him smile a little, so I kissed deeper. Eventually, being humans, we needed air, so I pushed myself off of him. "Did I help?" He smirked. I smiled. "Oh, God yes." I answered. "Mission accomplished." He said, and pulled me close to him again. I rested my head on his chest, and he managed to get an arm around me without hurting me. "Jerome?" I asked. "Yeah, biggums?" He said. "Are we a couple?" I asked. He stayed silent for a second. "Depends, do you wanna be?" He said. "Yes." I immediately answered. "Then yes. You're my boyfriend." He said. I smiled at how good that sounded. "And you're mine."

::A/N::
Here it is, Vic! Love you and I'm about to be feel-stormed by you, aren't I? Probably. Anyway, hope you guys enjoyed my second chapter today! I used Soldier, by Gavin DeGraw this chapter. Love you Rosebuds, and until next chapter, ~Rosie <3