Chapter 25: Angel With A Shotgun

=Mitch's POV=

<The Following Morning>

"Hey Mitch!" Emma smiled happily as she walked up to me, Brandon by her side. "Hello!" I answered, smiling at the pair. "Ready for Biology?" Brandon said sarcastically. "As ready as I'll ever be." I replied, and started walking with them towards our next class. Suddenly, Brandon was pushed back, and Emma stopped, grabbing my wrist. When I turned, I saw something I knew all to well.

Brandon was pinned against a locker by none other then Jamie, who looked about ready to kill. "What the hell, dood?" Brandon asked, trying to get out of Jamie's grip. Emma ran over to Brandon's side and tried to push Jamie off, but he shoved her away. I quickly caught her before she hit the ground, and she glanced at me, fear in her eyes. "You are gonna get it." Jamie said, backing up a little so he could get a good shot on Brandon. "What the hell did I do?" Brandon said, trying to push Jamie away. "Kiss my girl?" Jamie growled. "Uh, no? You don't have a freaking girlfriend, bro." Brandon answered. "I saw you kiss Emma the other day! I was going for a run, and I kinda love in your neighborhood, dumbass." Jamie yelled. My jaw dropped. But Emma was right back into it. "Who the hell do you think you are? I'm not yours. Never will be, you little prick. Leave Brandon alone, or-" Emma stopped short as Jamie's fist collided with Brandon's cheek. Brandon shrunk downwards, and Emma dropped to her knees beside him. "Jamie! What the fuck?" Emma screamed. I stepped forward, knowing Emma was pissed. She hardly ever yelled like that. "Thats what the jerk deserved." Jamie kicked Brandon's ribs, sending him into Emma. "He just doesn't learn!" Jamie said, going for it again. I stepped forward again, this time, tapping Jamie's shoulder. When he turned to face me, I punched him straight in the nose. "Do it again. I dare you." I sneered, and Jamie's jaw dropped. I kneeled down to help Emma with Brandon, and Jamie stood up. "I'm not finished." Jamie said, pushing through the small crowd that had gathered around us.

Get out your guns, battles begun, are you a saint or a sinner? If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

They say before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for; well baby you are all that I adore, if love is what you need, a soldier I will be

I'm an angel with a shotgun, fighting till the wars won, I don't care if heaven won't take me back. I'll throw away my faith babe, just to keep you safe, don't you know your everything I have? And I, wanna live not just survive, tonight.

"Whatcha all looking at? Shows over." Emma said, glancing at the people. They all started whispering and slowly moved away, going to the next class. "You okay, Brandon?" I asked, turning my focus to him. "Yep." He groaned, trying to stand. "But that's definitely gonna leave a mark." he said as he got his balance. "You sure you're alright?" Emma asked. Brandon nodded. "God, do I hate him. He was, and still is, such a dick. Why did you ever let me go out with him, Mitch?" She said. I shrugged. "I have no idea." I answered, and the three of us started back to biology again.

"Hold up." I said as I thought back. "Did Jamie say you guys kissed?" I asked, raising my eyebrows with a smirk. Brandon looked away, and Emma grinned. "Maybe." "Why didn't you tell me?!" I demanded. "It was late, I was with Vic all day yesterday, I dunno! I was gonna tell you eventually!" She said in defense. "You were gonna tell him?" Brandon asked. "Like you didn't tell Emily." Emma retorted. "I... Uh..." Brandon started. "Exactly." Emma said triumphantly and turned to walk through the door to class. "You can't win with that one." I said. "But you'll figure that out for yourself." I winked at Brandon, who just shook his head and followed me into class.

<Time Skip: Lunch!>

"What happened to you? You look awful!" Mat asked as Brandon sat down at the table next to him. "Jamie." Emma answered for him as she set her bag down on the other side of Mat. "Oh, God. Why?" Mat asked. "Saturday night." Brandon replied simply. Mat nodded, a small grin on his face. I guess he knew. "And you expected me not to tell anyone?" Emma said. "Mat's my best friend-" "Mitch is mine. Plus, you said something to Emily." Emma cut him off. I sighed, but laughed. "I said no winning, Brandon." Emma sent a playful glare at me, and Mat laughed. "Jamie tried to get rid of this?" He said, putting his arms around both of them and pulled them towards him. "What are we getting rid of?" Emily asked, sitting down next to me. "Jamie tried to stomp on Brandon and Emma." Mat answered. Brandon glared at him, and Emma blushed. "The bastard. Never liked him anyway." Emily said. "Who's a bastard?" Rob took the spot next to Emily, and Preston beside him. "Jamie." I answered. "Tell me about it." Preston rolled his eyes. "You can't stop Branemma!" Mat cheered. "Is that... Are you?" Lachlan asked, joining the conversation and sitting next to Emma. "Uh..." Emma and Brandon were nervously looking around, and Emily, Mat and I laughed. "What did we miss?" Jerome asked, taking my other side as Vikk sat next to Lachlan. "From the looks of it, something with Brandon and Emma." Victory sat across from Vikk. "Why do you say that?" Emma asked. "Your both blushing. Everyone else is grinning like crazy. Just a guess." Vic replied, starting to smirk herself. "So. Spill it." Lachlan said, leaning on Emma. She cast a glance to Brandon, who sighed and nodded. "I hate you all, you know that?" Emma said. "Love you too." Almost all of us said in unison. "We're waiting...!" Jerome said, dragging it out. "Fine. Emma and I are going out." Brandon said, clearly a little annoyed. Everyone cheered, and Emma and Brandon both hid their faces. "Why am I still in the middle? Move!" Mat jumped out of his seat and pushed Emma towards Brandon, then took her spot. "Better." Mat grinned.

A few minutes later, Vikk waved his hands in the air. "Yo! I has an announcement." He said. We all slowly fell silent, and turned to Vikk. "No hate and stuff, because we're all staying here, but Victory and I broke up." The girls gasped, and so did Rob and Brandon. "No way." Jerome said, looking not at Vikk or Victory, but directly at Lachlan. "How come?" Jerome asked. "It... It wasn't working, I guess. We're still besties though, right Vikk?" Victory smiled sweetly. "Yeah. Besties." Vikk repeated. "Aw, well. Since when?" Mat asked. Victory bit her lip. "Uh, Saturday night?" I nearly spit out my food. "Then why did you come with us Sunday morning?!" Rob asked, saying what I was thinking. "We didn't wanna tell anyone yet!" Vikk said. "Well, Vikk didn't." Victory smirked, glancing to him. "I think he may have something else to add." She said. Vikk shot her a glare, and then ducked his head. "Um..." He began. "C'mon Vikk. You can do it." Jerome tried. "Well..." He glanced up at Lachlan, eyes worried. Lachlan just smiled back. "Okay. I'm... Im with Lachlan instead."

This time, Jerome really did spit out his drink. "Oi!" Brandon said, because some of the food that was in Jerome's mouth landed on him. "That's gross, Jerome." Brandon whined. "Is anyone else even thinking about what Vikk just said?" Preston said, giving them both a smile. "Thanks freaking awesome! You did it Lachlan!" He continued. "Did what?" Emily asked, confused. "Lachlan's been crushing on Vikk for ages. He finally sealed the deal." Preston explained. "I can't believe it! That's amazing!" Jerome rejoined the conversation. "I'm happy for all of you, that's-" I was cut off by the bell for next period. "Amazing." I finished, standing up. "Thank God." Vikk sighed. "You really think we'd mind?" Jerome asked. "No. But still, thanks. I love my Lachy." Vikk smiled. "I love my Vikky." Lachlan replied. "Aw!" Emily squealed. "Alright, I'm leaving before they start making out." Mat said, standing up. "Yeah, peace. I'm out boys." Victory stood up and started walking away. "See ya!" Rob and Emily followed. "Bye!" Brandon and Emma stood up and walked away. Now, just Vikk, Lachlan, and Jerome stood by the table with me. "They don't appreciate the love." I laughed. "I know, right?" Lachlan answered. "But seriously, keep your tongues in your own mouths, for now at least?" Jerome smirked, and Vikk slapped his arm. "If you guys do the same." Lachlan retorted. "This is true friendship." I grinned. "Doesn't get much better." Vikk said. "Nah, it's all banter." Lachlan said. Jerome nodded. "For the banter!"

::A/N::
Weird ending lol. Thanks to hopestar524 for trying to help me find the song and to AAwkardPanda250 for actually doing it XD love you guys! And love you too, Rosebuds, thanks so much for all your support. Until next chapter, ~Rosie <3

Angel With A Shotgun, by The Cab