Chapter 50: Like I'm Gonna Lose You

=Mitch's POV=

<Time Skip: A month later>

The silver moonlight on the lake. The golden ring on my finger. "I love you." I whispered into the dark. "I can't stay with you anymore." He said coldly. "What?" I asked, praying I hadn't heard him right. "I can't be with you anymore." he repeated. I fell to the ground. "Why? I love you!" I cried, and he fell to the ground next to me. "I can't be with anyone anymore. I'm not living anymore, Mitch." He said, and with that, he was gone. He vanished, and I let out a scream, causing more tears to fall. I shakily stood, and pulled the ring off my finger. I glanced towards the lake, and my heart stopped. He'd disappeared into the lake. But he sure as hell wasn't swimming. "No!" I screamed again, letting the golden band fall from my fingers. "Why?" I collapsed again, and this time had no intention of getting up. "Jerome...."

I found myself dreaming, in silver and gold, like a scene from a movie, that every broken heart knows. We were walking on moonlight, and you pulled me close, split second and you disappeared and I was all alone.

------------

I shot straight up, and I was breathing heavily. "Mitch? Are you alright?" Jerome asked, and he was sitting up beside me with a terrified look on his face. "Jerome?" I asked, and flung myself into his arms. "Yeah, hi Mitch. What happened?" He asked, pushing my shoulders back so he could see my face. "I... I-I thought you... And I... We were...." I couldn't speak, and Jerome just pulled me back into his chest.

I woke up in tears, with you by my side. A breath of relief and I realized, we're not promised tomorrow.

"Its okay, biggums. I'm right here. Shhh, it's okay." He kept whispering sweet nothings to me, before I finally calmed down enough to stop crying. My heart was still racing though. "Can you... can you tell me what happened now?" I sniffled, but nodded. "We were at a lake... We were married. And you told me.... you told me you were gonna kill yourself. Then you disappeared. I broke down... and when I turned... I... I-I s-saw y-you...." I stared crying again, and he gave me a sad smile before pulling me closer to him. He leaned down and put his lips softly on mine, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. It wasn't anything besides pure bliss, Jerome knew exactly how make me feel better. It was sweet and full of love. When he pulled away, I smiled. "Thank you." I whispered. He smiled back. "Anytime."

So I'm gonna love you, like I'm gonna lose you. And I'm gonna hold you, like I'm saying goodbye. Wherever we're standing, I won't take you for granted, cause we'll never know when we run out of time. So I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you, I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna lose you.

Jerome and I fell asleep in each other's arms, not that it was uncommon that we did so. But when I woke up, he wasn't there. In a panic, I ran down into the living room, searching. Instead, my mom was on the couch. "Where's Jerome?" I asked, and she shrugged. "He wasn't upstairs with you?" She asked. "Shit." I muttered, and turned around to look in the kitchen. I ran through the doors and stopped dead in my tracks. The table was set beautifully, flowers at the center, and French toast and my other favorite breakfast foods. "Wha... Huh?" I was confused, because there was no one in sight. Then a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I turned, and a pair of lips pressed on mine. I Didnt pull back, because I knew exactly who it was. Jerome kept me in his arms for a few more seconds before separating us, a huge grin on his face. "Whatcha think?" He asked. "I think... well, at first you scared me because I couldn't find you. But now, I think...." I quickly pulled him into another kiss, which he happily returned. "I thought the same thing." Jerome said with a smirk, before pulling me to the table. "Shall we?" He asked, pulling a chair out for me. "We shall." I said, sliding into the seat.

In the blink of an eye, a whisper of smoke, we could lose everything, the truth is you never know. So I'll kiss you longer babe, any chance that I get. I'll make the most of the minutes and love with no regret.

Let's take our time, to say what we want. Here's what we got, before its all gone. cause no, we're not promised tomorrow.

"Hey guy- Aw!" Preston squealed as he saw Jerome and I eating breakfast. "Oh. I think we interrupted something, Preston." Rob smirked over Preston's shoulder. "Nah, G. Want some?" Jerome gestured to the plate of leftover French toast. "You don't mind?" Rob asked. Both Jerome and I shook our heads. "Then hell yeah!" Preston smiled and jumped into the seat next to me. "Were you hungry, Preston?" Jerome grinned. "That's the reason I came... Over here." Preston answered through a mouthful of food. "You got drinks?" Preston asked. "Yeah, here." I handed him the pitcher of orange juice. "That's your boyfriend, Rob. Always thirsty." Jerome said, and Rob laughed. "Id be happy to help whenever he needs it." Rob smirked at Preston, who was now blushing bright red. "Whoa there, boys. Let me enjoy my food here." I said with a grin. Rob laughed. "Where's the fun in that?"

::A/N::
Do two short chapters make up for missing yesterday? I hope so. Also, Hope you all enjoyed! Much love and a million hugs, ~Rosie <3

Like I'm Gonna Lose You, by Meghan Trainor feat. John Legend