Chapter 11: Kiss Me

=Mitch's POV=

<One and a half weeks later>

The past weeks I've spent with "The Pack" have been... Honestly? Some of the best I can remember. I've smiled more then I have in my entire life, and I'm almost always laughing. Emma seems to be enjoying herself too, which makes me feel even better.

The torment in school, from Dominic and friends, didn't happen. None of them have been near me at all, because one member of the Pack was always with me. But what the Pack couldn't do was protect me at home.

My father came home late Tuesday night, barely back in the country for twelve hours but already drunk out of his mind. He stumbled in on my mother and I watching a movie, and he collapsed literally on top of us, because he couldn't speak, was nowhere near balanced, and my mother and I were spread along the couch. We got out from under him and left him there, and I hugged my mom. "I love you." I whispered, and she answered the same thing back. We both knew what would come.

And it did. Every day that Dominic left me scratch-free, my father covered for him. My dad "had to make up for when he was away." I hoped my new friends couldn't see it, but I knew Emma could. She saw me flinch when someone accidentally bumped into my arm, or a backpack hit my leg. But I didn't let it bother me.

Today was Friday, and Jerome asked me to come over to his place to play video games. I told him I would, obviously. Emma was excited for me, saying he'd ask me out tonight. "Ive barely known him for two weeks, Em." I told her as we walked out of school, heading for my house. "So? That doesn't matter! I don't care what happens, but I want a full report back tomorrow about every detail." She demanded, and I laughed. "Sir yes sir!" I straightened up as I walked. She rolled her eyes. "Ha ha, Mitch. But I'm not kidding." she pointed at me, narrowing her eyes. I rolled my eyes this time. "Oh, I know."

--------------

I stayed at Jerome's for a couple of hours, the two of us playing on his xBox in the basement. After what seemed like the millionth round of CoD, Jerome threw his controller. "God, that was fun." he smiled at me, and I tossed my controller next to his. "Yeah man. You're better then I expected." I grinned. He put a hand over his heart in fake pain. "How dare you doubt my gaming skills?" He asked. "I don't know, but I expected to win most games because I stay holed up in my house with Emma while you and the boys are outside throwing a football. I expected I played more video games then real games." I said, probably talking more then I should've. Jerome just shrugged. "Video games are funner." He said. "Did you just say funner?" I asked, laughing a little. "Uh, no... Maybe." He grinned, and then stood up from his chair. He grabbed a water bottle from the table behind us, and then sat down on the couch next to me.

"You know, Mitch, you've changed the past few weeks." he said, after taking a sip of the water. "I've changed?" I asked. "I don't feel different." I didn't understand what he meant. He just kept smiling at me. "You're... more open, I guess? You look happier, and are definite more energetic." He said. I smiled. I guess I was a little different. "I feel good around you guys. Like I really belong somewhere." I shrugged, again thinking I said more then I should. "Its nice to see you smile. You've got one of the cutest smiles I've ever seen." He said. My heartbeat picked up, and I felt a blush form on my face. I looked away to try to hide it. "You're also really cute when you blush." he commented, turning me back to him. My mind was screaming a million thoughts. Was he seriously calling me cute? No, he's straight! He's just kidding, fooling me again. I bet Emma said something to him. Suddenly, he was snapping in front of me. "Mitch?" He asked. I jumped back into reality. "Sorry, did you say something?" I asked. "Uh, yeah. But-" "Whatcha need, dood?" I asked, cutting him off. "I... oh, um, its nothing." he said, looking behind him. "You sure?" I asked, putting a hand on his shoulder. "No..." He whispered, I barely heard him. "Jerome, what's wrong?" I asked. He was never shy like this, so it worried me. "I want to do something, but I'm afraid that I'll lose someone important to me if I do. So play it safe and guarantee they stay, or risk it, risk them?" He said, sighing and dropping his head in his hands. I gave it thought for a second. "How badly do you want to do this thing? Will it help you, or help them?" I asked. I wasn't going to pry, I owed him that much. "I've wanted to do this thing for a while, and the opportunity is approaching. And it will help me, and hopefully them." he answered. I thought some more. "Risk it." I said. He seemed to sit up a little more, and his eyes brightened. "Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded. "If there's the opportunity, take it. You'll probably regret it if you don't." I replied. He nodded his head slightly, taking in my words. We stayed silent for a moment, but then Jerome quietly spoke.

"Mitch?" He said, turning to face me completely. I sat so I faced him, and answered. "Yeah?" He looked behind him, than at his feet, then at me. He put one hand behind my head and pulled me closer, and he leaned in. He stopped when our faces were barely centimeters apart. "I'm risking it." he whispered, and closed the distance between us. I sat there at first, not knowing what was even happening. I was in shock. My mind screamed, my heart was practically beating out of my chest. Jerome backed away quick, seeing that I was still paralyzed. "I'm sorry, Mitch. I had too." He whispered, looking down and away from me. I didn't say a word, just tapped his shoulder. When he glanced at me, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him again.

My heart actually felt like it exploded. I could feel the heat, and more importantly the passion. I felt him smile against my lips, and I melted further into it. I could've gone forever, but he pulled us apart so we could actually breathe. I immediately looked away, hiding the red that had spread on my face. "Mitch..." Jerome started, but couldn't find words. Instead, I turned back, and grabbed his hand. "I risked it too."

I'm falling for your eyes, but they don't know me yet. And with a feeling I'll forget, I'm in love, now.

Kiss me like you wanna be loved, you wanna be loved. This feels like falling in love, falling in love.

::A/N::
Happy fluffy Merome feels, thanks to Kiss Me, by Ed Sheeran. I love you Rosebuds, ~Rosie <3

P.S. I'm publishing this at 11:00 pm, and I have testing tomorrow :P I'm probably gonna fail lol. I wanted to get a second chapter up because I missed one the other day. So there it was. Goodnight Rosebuds!