Chapter 44: Hotel Ceiling

••Victory's POV••

I couldn't keep myself together for more then three seconds. I did this. Emma could be... Gone.... and it would be my fault. She was fighting with me, she was coming to see me, and look where she is. "There was nothing either of us could've done. We're just lucky I hadn't hung up the phone." Hope tired to help, but didn't really succeed. I glanced around at the others here, Mitch was being lifted off the ground by Jerome, Mat started back to his car and Brandon just stood with tears streaming down his face. It only made me feel worse.

Jerome went and got his car, and both Brandon and Mitch jumped in. "Hope!" He called, and the two of us walked over. "Mat's handling the phones, calling up the others. Just get to the hospital, we'll meet you there, okay?" He said calmly. All I could do was nod. "We'll meet you there. Keep strong, okay guys?" Hope said, smiling weakly at Mitch and Brandon. Brandon nodded, and Mitch smiled back. "Thanks Hope. Y-You guys stay strong, t-too, okay?" Mitch stuttered. "Yes Mitch. See you guys there." Hope smiled, and grabbed my hand. Jerome drove off, and Hope pulled me to her car. As soon as I was in the passenger seat with the door shut, I let out a huge sob. "Why didn't I just trust her?!" I yelled, mostly to myself. "Vic, stop. This wasn't you're fault, it was that guy. He was a drunken bastard, there's nothing we could've done. Don't put this on yourself." Hope assured as she started towards the hospital. I sighed and stared out the window.

I can see it coming 'round full circle my friend. On the TV they said they had reported you dead. It was my fault cause I coulda sworn that you said, it was easy to find another, for your bed.

Hope and I pulled up to the hospital and ran inside, and were greeted by Mat. "Is she okay? Where are the others?" I asked in a panic. Mat smiled a little. "Third floor waiting room. Mrs. Cath, Merome, Brandon, Emily. Preston, Rob, Vikk, Lachlan, and Meg are on their way." Mat said, counting the others on his fingers. "Thanks Mat. Are you okay?" Hope smiled, resting a hand on his shoulder. "If she is." Mat answered with a sigh. "C-Can I... We..." I pointed up, telling Hope I wanted to go talk to Mitch and Brandon. "Yeah, I'm gonna stay with Mat of he doesn't mind-" "Not at all." Mat said. "Go ahead, Vicky. I'll be up when everyone else gets here." Hope continued, nodding for me to go ahead. "O-Okay." I said. I found an elevator and went up two floors. The door opened, and I ran over to Mitch, who was pacing in front of a crying Brandon and pale-faced Jerome. "I'm so sorry." I cried, throwing myself in his arms. "It wasn't you, Vic, please don't say that." Mitch gave me a small, attempt-at-reassuring smile, and I shook my head.

I let him go and sat next to Brandon, and squeezed his shoulder. "I'm sorry, Brandon." I whispered, and he shook his head this time. "No. I should've driven her, I could've held her back for even a second more. I try led her I'd be there when she came back. But she might not even be coming back." Brandon said, and I sat there in shock. She might not even be coming back, and I left her thinking I hated her. What kind of a person am I? I thought.

How does it feel, to leave me this way, when all that you have's been lost in a day? Everyone knows not what to say, And I've been wondering now...

I've been staring at the hotel ceiling, drinking everything I found this evening, trying to hold on to the sweetest feeling, so ill never let you go, don't you leave me lonely.

Preston and Rob showed up, soon followed by Megan. Vikk and Lachlan were a few cities over when we called, so they took a little bit longer to arrive. All of us sat in silence, some on our phones, some playing with their hands, and others just staring at nothing. A few of us were still crying. Mitch wouldn't stay still, he paced back and forth for what seemed like hours, and from the looks of it he'd never stop. I leaned back with my eyes closed, because seeing everyone so panicked and scared didn't help me. But when I closed my eyes, all I could see was Emma, as they pulled her from the demolished car. Blood all around her, in her hair, clothes, on her face. The small piece of metal that had impaled her side. The cuts from the glass across her face. I shot my eyes open and stood up, and ran to the nearest bathroom.

When my eyes open morning pulls me into the view, I guess I'm only acting in the way that you do. Just being alone, no. Only time tells me more then I hoped, all that I know is, I'll be fine in a fortnight, lo and behold, I knew I shouldn'tve let you go.

I slammed the door shut and glanced to myself in the mirror. What little makeup I was wearing had completely washed off my face. My electric blue hair was now flat and knotted, while my eyes were red and puffy. I looked crazy. "Vic?" A voice from the other side of the door asked. "Are you okay?." Another one. "Leave me alone!" I cried. "Vicky, open up. C'mon." the first voice said. "Why?" "We just wanna talk." The second one said. I sighed and walked over to the door, slowly pulling it open. Emily and Vikk were in the doorway, both giving me sad smiles. "It's okay Vic, everything will be okay." Emily hugged me immediately, and Vikk rubbed my shoulder. "Emma is strong. She will fight through it." He said, but I could see the worry in his eyes. "God, I hope so." I said, and Vikk sighed. "So do I."

How does it feel, to leave me this way, when all that you have's been lost in a day? Everyone knows not what to say, And I've been wondering now...

I've been staring at the hotel ceiling, drinking everything I found this evening, trying to hold on to the sweetest feeling, so ill never let you go, don't you leave me lonely.

I can see it coming round full circle my friend... on the TV they said they had reported you dead.

::A/N::
Please read! There might be another chapter later if I can. Most likely though, because I love you all so much. This story has gotten 1,000 votes and 10,000 reads. That's almost more votes than all my other books combined, and it's my third book to hit 10k reads. Words can't even begin to express how grateful I am for you guys. You're all my second family. My favorite part of the day is waking up or coming back from school and reading your comments, honestly. It's actually the best thing. And 1k votes?!? Holy shit, you guys are too amazing. I don't deserve any of this. I love you all to Neptune and back, the moon isn't far enough. Thank you for being my lovely Rosebuds. I'll see you next chapter, ~Rosie <3

Hotel Ceiling, By Rixton