Chapter 49: Better In Time

(A/N: Really suggest listening to the song if you haven't ever heard it or the video isn't working. It especially helps the chapter, more then the songs of other chapters. ~Rosie)

=Mitch's POV=

After speaking at Emma's funeral, everything really started to hit me. I couldn't sleep, I cried a lot, and almost everything I saw reminded me of her. I felt sick twenty four/seven. It was like I lost a sister.

It's been the longest winter without you, I didn't know where to turn to. See somehow I can't forget you, after all that we've been through.

But losing this sister has brought new siblings to me. Brandon and I became a lot close, and so did Victory and me. There was two girls who I became good friends with too. They were twins, Cecelia and Lucy. I used to be best friends with them. The two had moved away when we were going into high school, and once they graduated planned to move back here to be with us again. When they heard the news of Emma, they flew down immediately, even though they were officially coming back sometime in the next week. Now, their parents were going to ship all their stuff down instead so they didn't have to fly back and forth again.

Going, coming, thought I heard a knock (who's there no one), thinking that (I deserve it), now I've realized that I really didn't, no

Of course, Jerome was still by my side whenever I wanted him there, which was always. I don't know what I would've done if I didn't have him with me. He always made me feel better, with something as simple as seeing his cute little grin. I was probably such a pain for him to deal with, and I don't know why he didn't just give up on me yet. But I can't say I'm not grateful.

If you didn't notice, you mean everything (quickly I'm learning), to love again (all I know is), Imma be okay.

Everyone's helping me find a way to "let go" as best I can. They know I'll always miss her, but they tell me she's in a better place watching down on us. I'm trying to feel better, as best that I can. I've come to accept the pain of missing her, and I know it might never go away. But I'm trying to stay as strong as I can.

Thought I couldn't live without you, it's gonna hurt when it heals too, oh yeah (It'll all get better in time). Even though I really love you, gonna smile, cause I deserve too, oh (it'll all get better in time.)

---------------

"Hey, biggums." Jerome smiled as he came into my bedroom. "Hi," I answered with a small smile back. "How come you're sitting in silence?" He asked with a worried glance as he flopped down next to me. "Because I'm a loser." I mumbled. "Huh?" He asked, curling up to me. "Everything on the TV or radio reminds me of her." I said quietly, and Jerome pulled me into his chest. "Aw, biggums. It'll be okay." He whispered, kissing the top of my head.

How could I turn on the TV, without something that'll remind me? Was it all that easy? To just put aside your feelings? If I'm dreaming, don't wanna let it (hurt my feelings), but that's the past (I believe it), and I know that time will heal it.

If you didn't notice, you mean everything (quickly I'm learning), to love again (all I know is), Imma be okay.

"Hey Mitch? The twins are here." My mother called, and I sighed. I didn't feel like talking. Cecelia and Lucy walked in and sat beside Jerome and I, who hadn't really moved. "Hey CJ, hey Lucy." Jerome said. Cecelia's middle name was Jane, so we've always called her CJ. "Hi Jerome. Hey Mitch. How you two doing?" Lucy asked. "Okay." Jerome shrugged, and I sighed. "Are you okay, Mitch?" CJ asked. I nodded. "I guess. I'll be okay eventually, I hope." I said quietly. "I know how it feels, Mitch. You'll make it through." CJ patted my shoulder. I shrugged again."I hope so."

Since there's no more you and me, this time I let you go so I can be free, and live my life how it should be. No matter how hard it is I'll be fine without you, yes I will.

Thought I couldn't live without you, it's gonna hurt when it heals too, oh yeah (It'll all get better in time). Even though I really love you, gonna smile, cause I deserve too, oh (it'll all get better in time.)

::A/N::
It's short but I like it idk ;-;. This is how I'm feeling kinda. Miss what we had AwkwardPanda250 hHoestar524 MegaPhone1 Parislily147 RRoylCloudPlato minecraft_geek13 Well Rosebuds, much love and until next chapter, ~Rosie <3

Better in Time, Leona Lewis