Chapter 14: I'm Yours

=Mitch's POV=

I woke up Saturday morning with twelve texts and three missed calls, all from the same person. Emma. I didn't bother answering, I just got up, got dressed, and walked to her house. Right when I knocked on her door, my phone rang. She was calling again. I picked it up, right as she opened the door. "Hi." I said, and she glared at me. "I've been calling and texting you all morning!" She yelled. I shrugged. "I know, but I figured you'd want to hear this story in person."

She literally dragged me through her house and out into the back yard, where we sat down on her hammock. She faced me, and rested her chin in her hands. "Tell. Me. Everything." She said. "The news or the story?" I asked. She gave me a confused look. "News then the story behind it." She answered after a few seconds. "No squealing like you used to. No slapping me, like you do when your excited. Deal?" I raised my eyebrows at her. She nodded eagerly. "Ooh! Also, not a word to anyone." I added. She sighed. "Stop delaying Mitch, your killing me!" She whined. "I know." I grinned. "Mitch, I swear to-" "He kissed me, Em." I cut her off. She opened her mouth, closed it, and then opened it again. Then she tackled me, and we fell. "Oh my God!" She yelled. "That's amazing! Story story story!" She cheered. "Okay, chill!" I answered. "Please sir!" She cried. I laughed and shook my head. "It begins."

Emma was practically hyperventilating by the time I finished. She just kept saying "Oh my God" over and over again. "Are you okay there?" I asked, shaking her shoulders. "I can't believe it, Mitch! Three years. Three freaking years, and look where you are. Five words away from him being your boyfriend, Mitch!" She cheered. I sighed. "Yeah, well. Didn't you say Brandon told Emily that he likes you?" I asked, remembering a previous conversation. "She was probably lying to make me feel better or something." She shook her head. "C'mon, she wouldn't do that!" I said. Before either of us could say anything else, my phone rang. I pulled it out if my pocket and saw Jerome was calling. Emma grinned as I answered. "Hi Jerome." I said. "Hey, Mitch!" Preston answered, which threw me off. "Oh, hello Preston. What's up?" I asked. Emma gave me a confused look, but I just shrugged. "I dunno. Lachy and I are at Jerome's, and we stole his phone because we didn't have your number." he said. "Oh, that's cool. Why did you need my number?" I asked. I still didn't see why they were calling. "To say hello?" He answered, more like a question. Emma was signaling me to put it on speaker. I did, and held the phone in front of me. "Anyway, Lachy wanted me to ask if you wanted to meet us at Jerome's place?" Preston continued. I glanced to Emma, asking if I could leave. She nodded, smiling. "Uh, yeah. Sounds good, when do you want me there?" I asked. "Right now!" Lachlan's voice replaced Preston's. "Oh, um, okay. I'll be over as soon as I can." I answered, still confused. "Great! See you soon mate!" Lachlan cheered. "Bye dood!" Preston yelled in the background. "Bye boys." I hung up, and gave Emma a confused look. She just shrugged and stood up, then offered her hand. I took it and she pulled me up, then pushed me back towards her house. "Go, Mitchell, go!" She pointed to the back door. "You've never wanted me to leave so bad before, huh?" I asked, walking to the door. She skipped to catch to me. "I've never had a reason to want you to leave."

----------------

I jumped in my car and switched on the radio, then pulled out of my driveway.

Well you've done done me and you get i felt it, I tried to be chill, but you're so hot that I melted, I fell right through the cracks, now I'm trying to get back.

Well open up your mind, and see like me, open up your plans and damn you're free, look into your heart and you'll find love love love love.

So I won't hesitate no more, no more, it cannot wait, I'm sure, there's no need to complicate, our time is short, this is our fate, I'm yours.

I pulled up to Jerome's house and stepped out of my car, and walked up the front steps. I knocked, and I herd footsteps and muffled voices. Then, Preston opened the door with Lachlan right over his shoulder. "Heyo, Mitch!" Preston happily chirped. "Hi Preston, hi Lachlan. What's up?" I asked as they pulled me into the house. "You have a special mission!" Lachlan grinned. "Oh?" I asked as they led me into Jerome's living room. "Yes. You have to wake up Jerome." Preston now shared the same smirk as Lachlan. "Why?" I asked. They pulled me up a flight of stairs, and stopped in front of a door. "Because cuteness!" Lachlan whispered as he pushed me through the door.

I figured it out as Preston shut the door behind me. Jerome told them about the kiss. They were just as into the idea of me and Jerome being a thing as Emma was. I sighed, realizing they wouldn't let me out unless Jerome was by my side, so I walked over to where he was sleeping peacefully on his bed. I watched him sleep for a moment, watching his chest slowly rise and fall. Then I sat down on the end of the bed, and lightly moved his arm. He ended up grabbing my hand, attempting to make me stop. He had a strong grip, so I couldn't pull my hand away. I used my other hand to poke him in the ribs, and he curled his arms and legs into his chest. He didn't let me go, either, so I ended up practically on top of him with my arm around him. "Jerome!" I whispered. He groaned I'm response. "Jerome!" I said a little louder. He stayed still for a second, and then his eyes slowly opened. "Good morning, babe." He whispered when he noticed me. "H-Hey, good morning." I answered. He let me go, and slowly sat up. "Wait, you didn't stay the night..." He said, realization dawning on him. "No, I didn't. Preston called me from your phone this morning and told me to come over so... Here I am, I guess." I finished. "Oh. Well I'm going to kill Preston for hacking my phone." he smiled, and finally sat up completely. The covers fell from around him, revealing his bare chest. I stared at him, probably longer then I should have because soon he was laughing. "Like what you see?" He teased. "Yes." I mumbled under my breath, low enough so I thought he couldn't hear me. I was wrong. "I know, I'm just so hot." he smirked, swinging his legs over the bed and standing up. Seriously, you are though! I wanted to yell. Jerome grabbed a teeshirt from a drawer and then slipped it over his head, and I internally frowned. "I bet you're just as cute, Mitch." Jerome said, noticing me watching him. I rolled my eyes. Yeah, right. "Now c'mon, I have a feeling Lachlan and Preston are attempting breakfast, and I'd rather not let my house burn down." he joked. I stood and followed him from the room, and back the way I came in.

::A/N::
Late chapter! I've been sick all day, so it took me a while to write. Sorry Rosebuds! I'd like to make a quick shoutout to Troyler_xo ! She just hit 1,000 reads on her Troyler fanfic! She's one of my best friends in the real world (such a scary place) and she's an amazing writer! Seriously, you guys should go check her out! Warning: She will slay all of your feels. Proceed with caution. Anyway, thanks for all the support Rosebuds, I love you so much! Until next chapter, ~Rosie <3