Chapter 19: Sparks Fly

\Vikk's POV/

A/N: Working on the other relationships for a moment! Also, this is going be a REALLY long chapter ;) ~Rosie <3

Mat, Emma, and Brandon were leading the way back to Preston's, with Rob and Emily close behind them. I stayed back with Victory, who had her hand locked in mine. I looked up at my friends smiling and laughing, when I realized we were missing two. I knew Mitch and Jerome stayed back to change, Preston and Lachlan weren't in front of me, I didn't know where they were. I thought Victory and I were taking up the rear, but when I turned around, Lachlan was walking with Preston. Lachlan had a sad look on his face, and I could tell Preston was trying to cheer him up. "Vic?" I said to my blue-haired beauty. "Yeah?" She answered. "Does Lachy look upset to you or do I just worry?" I asked quietly. She quickly glanced behind us, and then back to me. "He does, Vikky. Go talk to him. You're the only one who can easily put a smile on his face." She answered. And for some reason, that made me smile. "Thanks Vic." I quickly kissed her cheek and dropped her hand, turning around and walking back to Lachlan. Vic ran forward to catch up with all the others.

When Preston and Lachlan caught up to me, Lachlan looked away and Preston gave me a sad smile. "What's wrong, Lachy?" I asked, reaching my hand up to reach his shoulder. "N-Nothing, I'm fine." he answered immediately, brushing my hand off him. "Don't lie to me, Lachlan. I know your upset." I said, trying a different approach. When Lachlan didn't say anything, I looked at Preston. "What's wrong?" I asked. Preston looked from Lachlan to me back to Lachlan, biting his lip. "Uh... It's complicated?" Preston said, more like a question. "I'll understand. Spill it." I said. "Lachlan can handle that." Preston said quick, then sprinted away towards the rest of the group.

"Freaking jag." Lachlan muttered under his breath. I jumped in front of him, and put both my hands on his chest, stopping him from walking. He jumped a little, but didn't fight me. "You know you can tell me, right? Anything, Lachy, and I'll help you." I said. He moved around me and started walking, but I just went with him. "Anything but this." He mumbled. "No, Lachlan. Anything. Please, it hurts me to see you so upset." I said. It sounded weird, but it was true. When any of my friends were sad or upset, I felt it too. Especially Lachlan, he was my best friend. "Please, Lachlan?" I put my hand on his arm this time, not bothering to reach all the way back to his shoulder. He tensed at my touch, and sighed. "Vikk, listen. I would tell you if I could. I truly would, but there's a few things... In the way, I guess. Believe me, I want you to know. But I can't." He looked like he wanted to cry. "Whats stopping you?" I asked, determined to find a way to change it so I could cheer up my Aussie. "A few things." he answered simply. "I just want to help you, Lachlan. I hate seeing you so sad, it makes me sad. Please, just tell me." I pleaded. I wasn't going to give up.

He sighed, and looked down at the ground. "Mainly, a girl and a boy. To the side, five different girls and guys. Then myself." He said. "Do said people have names?" I asked, finally becoming hopeful. "Not any you'll wanna hear." he answered. "Tell me anyway." I responded. He stayed silent for a second but then shook his head. "We're at Preston's." He said as we turned the corner to Preston's house. I grabbed his wrist, and again he tensed. I pulled him back a little. "Tell me what's wrong Lachlan. I'm going to fix it." I said, determined. "Vikk. I can't. Not until the impossible happens." He said, trying to struggle from my grasp. He was taller and faster, but I was surely stronger. "Nothing's impossible, and especially not when I'll do the "Impossible" to make you happy again." He opened his mouth to protest, but no sound came out. "I'm serious, Lachlan. I will do anything to see you happy again, I can't stand you being sad." I said. And it was true. I wasn't happy if Lachlan wasn't. "Vikk, I swear you wouldn't do this even if my life depended on it. Its not going to happen. Ever. Just drop it, because it isn't worth it." He sighed, finally pulling away from my grip and turning away from me. "Lachlan, anything that will make you happy again is worth it." I gave it one final attempt. He spun around. "Stop Vikk. You... You're only making it worse. Please, leave me alone. I'll be alright, I've had this problem for years now, but I guess I'm having a small relapse. I'll get over it." he said, and I saw small tear roll down his cheek. "Lachlan-" "Go Vikk. Please." He turned away and pointed to Preston's house. "I'm not leaving you like this, Lachlan." I said firmly. "You wanted to help me, and you can do it by leaving me. I'm begging you. You just being here rubs the whole damn problem back in my face again." he said, voice getting louder. "How am I-" "Because you care and won't leave!" He yelled. Lachlan's never yelled at me before. Never yelled, period. I knew that I couldn't help, so I put my hands up in surrender. "Okay. I'm sorry, I'll just go." I said, backing away. "T-Thank you." He whispered. "Just come to Preston's after?" I asked. He waved me off. "Yeah. I'll be there." I nodded even though he wasn't facing me, sighed, and walked to Preston's.