Chapter 46: See You Again

(A/N: IF VIDEO DOESNT LOAD, I HIGHLY SUGGEST LOOKING UP THE SONG ~Rosie <3)

^Emma's POV^

I waited a minute or two before my door slowly opened. "Emma?" Megan slipped into the room. "Megan!" I smiled. "Oh my god." Was all she said before rushing over to me and hugging me. "Hey." I said. "Please tell me your mom was kidding. You aren't leaving us, please." She begged, tears pricking her eyes. "I'm sorry Meggy. I've got to." I said with a sad smile. "No, you don't, please-" "Meg, I can't change this." I cut her off. "I-I know." She said, and started crying a little. "Look, Meg. You need to be strong for me. Keep Emily strong, and make sure Vic and Hope are okay. Please." I said, squeezing her hand. "O-Okay. I'll miss you." She said quietly. "I'll miss you too, Megan." I answered. "I'm sorry, Em." She said and stood up. "So am I. Can you do me a favor and bring Emily in?" I asked. "Sure thing. Bye, Emma." "Goodbye, Megan."

It's been a long day, without you my friend, and I'll tell you all about it when I see you again.

Emily walked in and sat next to me, not saying a word, because she had tears streaming down her face. "Don't cry, Em." I said, and she shook her head. "One of my best friends is leaving me... All I can do is cry." She answered. "You have to be strong, Em. Vic, Hope and Meg will need you. Rob isn't gonna be okay after this, I know. You have to help them, make sure they stay safe." I pleaded, and she nodded. "Yeah, of course. But I don't know that I'll be safe myself." She said quietly, staring at the floor. "Meg and Vic and Hope are looking out for you, I'll make sure." I promised, and she nodded. "Thank you." She whispered. "Thank you, Em. I'll miss you." I said. "I'll miss you too." She stood up to leave. "And Emily," I called after her. "Keep your head up. Be strong." She nodded. "I'll try."

We've come a long way, from where we began, and I'll tell you all about it when I see you again; When I see you again

"Emma! I'm so sorry, I did this, this is all my fault! I never meant to hurt you, I should've trusted you, and now-" "Victory, shut up." I cut her off simply. "I'm sorry." She said, looking to the floor. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have reacted like I did. This isn't your fault at all, I promise. Never think that." I assured her as she sat down. "But Emma, if I just trusted you, you wouldn't have even been on the road in the first place!" She exclaimed. "Stop, Vic. Please." I said softly, and she sighed. "Vic, can you promise me something?" I asked. "Anything." she replied. "I need you to take care of Mitch. Take care of him, take care of Emily, Megan, Hope, Vikk, Brandon. They need you." She only nodded. "Mitch needs someone like you now, Vic. Sure he has Jerome, but that's his boyfriend. He needs a best friend, a girl like you." I continued. "Of course. I promise, I'll look out for him." Vic promised. "Thank you." I breathed, and Vic smiled. "I love you Emma. I'm gonna miss you so much, you're my best friend." She said, and started crying again. "I'll miss you too, Vic. You don't even know." I said with a weak laugh. Vic sighed and smiled. "Believe me, I know."

Damn, who knew all the planes we flew, good things we've been through, that I'd be standing right here talking to you about another path?

Hope walked in and sat next to me, taking me hand and squeezing it. "Hi." She said with a small laugh. "Hey." I replied, smiling back. "You really have to go?" She said sadly, but I could tell by her tone that she already knew the answer. "Yeah, Hope, I'm sorry it had to be like this, but..." I trailed off. "No, no. W-We understand." She started to tear up again. "Please don't cry Hope." I begged. "I-I'm sorry." She wiped her eyes. "Hope, out of everyone here, you are the strongest person. I know what for a fact. I need you Hope, they need you. You have to promise me you'll look over them all. Vic, Emily, Megan, Mitch, Brandon, Mat, Preston, all of them." I pleaded. "Yes, I promise. I... I'll help them. I'll be there." She assured me. I sighed in relief. I needed Hope to be strongest. She would keep them from falling apart, or... doing something they'll regret. "Thank you so much Hope, I don't know where I'd be without you." I said, and after trying to keep strong, I finally let a few years fall. "D-Dont cry." She stuttered, but I shook my head. "I-I'm sorry." I said, and Hope leaned over tm and hugged me. "I'll see you someday, Hope." I said softly, not knowing what else to say. "Someday." She answered. I nodded. "Someday."