Camie

After releasing his emotions with the comfort of his friend, Katsuki created a small agenda to accomplish by the end of the day. The first was to revel in a warm shower (after strong encouragement from Shouto). His next priority was to right his wrongdoings.

He ran a hand through his damp hair as he entered his family's living room, Shouto behind him. His throat ran dry when he spotted Mitsuki on the couch flipping through a magazine. This was something he had to do, but he was still apprehensive.

Mitsuki's face softened as she caught Katsuki staring at her. "Katsuki," she said as she set the magazine to her left.

"I'm sorry," Katsuki blurted out. "For how I acted on Saturday. And for causing you and Dad to fight."

He didn't apologize for being suicidal. That was too big of a bomb to drop. If Mitsuki found out how close her son was to ending his life, she'd never stop worrying that one day he might actually go through with it.

"I promise I'll do better," he told her. "I'll go back to school Monday. I'll catch up on everything I missed. So you and Dad can stop fighting." He pouted as his eyes grew watery. "I don't want you guys to get a divorce."

"Oh, honey."

Mitsuki nearly leaped off the couch to engulf her son in a bear hug. Katsuki and his mom didn't hug often. She wasn't the nurturing type, and he wasn't the affectionate type. But right now, Mitsuki's embrace was the perfect remedy for his healing heart.

"I'm sorry too," she said as Katsuki nuzzled into her shoulder. "And I don't ever want you blaming yourself if your father and I fight. That's between me and him. And I promise honey, we're not getting divorced."

"Huh? Who's getting divorced?"

Masaru popped his head in the entryway. Mitsuki and Katsuki broke apart and turned to him. Mitsuki caressed her son's hair as she addressed her husband.

"Katsuki was scared about you and me."

Masaru frowned. "Kat." He swiftly made his way over to Katsuki. "Come here."

Just like Mitsuki did earlier, Masaru wrapped him in a tight hug. He pressed his lips to Katsuki's head, which embarrassed Katsuki since Shouto was still in the room. When they pulled away, Masaru kept a hand on Katsuki's shoulder.

"Your mother and I are very much in love," he said. "But no couple is perfect. We argue sometimes, but that's because we're different people with different opinions." He paused to smile at Mitsuki. "But they're always temporary. Certainly nothing to end a seventeen year marriage over."

Mitsuki smiled back before giving Masaru a quick kiss on the lips. Katsuki's embarrassment skyrocketed to infinity. He turned to Shouto to shoot him an apologetic look, but Shouto beamed where he stood. Maybe the boy was more of a hopeless romantic than Katsuki thought.

"Still," Masaru said, "I'm sorry if we scared you." He cupped Katsuki's cheek. "How are you doing? Feeling any better?"

Katsuki pressed his lips together. "Yeah. Kinda. But, um..."

Once more, he panned to Shouto. Katsuki's friend gave him a reassuring nod. Shouto's dual colored eyes carried the same sincerity they always did, but Katsuki was more appreciative of them now than he ever was.

He looked back to his parents. "I-I...I t-think I need to g-get help. Like...talk to s-someone."

Mitsuki brushed her fingers through Katsuki's damp hair. "We can look into that."

"I can ask my mom," Shouto said from behind them. "She knows a few. We've, uh, well my family's dealt with a lot of trauma."

"And there's nothing wrong with that," Masaru said. With a smile, he brushed his thumb along Katsuki's cheek. "If help is what you need, we'll make sure you get it."