The Wedding (Part 2)

Shouto and the rest of the wedding party were dismissed after what felt like a hundred photos. The newlyweds stayed behind to pose for some pictures with Rei, Enji, and Nanaroki. Shouto, however, couldn't have left fast enough. He wasn't used to smiling for the camera so much. Toward the end, his jaw was in serious pain.

Still, his mouth curved upward again as he found Katsuki in an abandoned hallway away from the reception hall. Shouto texted him earlier to meet him here. Guests were celebrating cocktail hour on the opposite side of the venue, so they weren't in danger of getting interrupted.

Katsuki walked up to Shouto and grabbed his face. "Hey squish." He kissed Shouto once on the lips. "I missed you."

Shouto shut his eyes and brushed his nose against Katsuki's. "I missed you too."

When they broke apart, still a minor distance between them, Katsuki's grin was enormous. "You were so cute during the ceremony. I couldn't keep my eyes off you."

"I noticed."

"Yeah well, at least Keigo's dumb ass didn't completely butcher his vows."

Shouto snorted. "I think it's pretty on brand for their relationship. He's whipped for Fuyumi." He lowered his voice. "Don't tell him I said that."

Katsuki's smirk turned menacing. "No promises."

The sound of cheers and whistles in the distance forced Shouto to peer down the hallway. Nothing to note aside from the damask wallpaper and occasional nature painting. They were still alone, but since the cheers had yet to die down, Shouto guessed Fuyumi and Keigo had joined the cocktail party.

Shouto checked his watch. Just as he figured, the reception was to start momentarily.

"My speech is soon," he told Katsuki.

"Are you nervous?"

He gave a weak shrug. "A little. Natsuo said I'm allowed to read it off my phone, so it's not as scary. Plus I know most people here. It's not like I'm giving a speech in front of strangers."

There was a warmth in Katsuki's gaze. That was always enough to send Shouto's heart aflutter, but paired with his boyfriend in a perfectly tailored suit and tie? Shouto was putty in his hands.

"Exactly," Katsuki said. "And hey, if you get nervous at any point, just look over at me, okay?"

"Okay," Shouto replied, even though he planned on doing that anyway. "I wish I could stay longer, but I have to go get ready."

"No sweat." Katsuki grabbed his face again. "Good luck, angel." 

He kissed Shouto once more. Not that Shouto didn't feel Katsuki's love poured into the first one, but this kiss carried all of that and more. "You're gonna do great." He hugged Shouto's ribcage and whispered in his ear. "I love you."

"Love you," Shouto giggled, then rushed away to prepare for his grand entrance.

The reception began with the parents and the wedding party being called out in pairs. The only exceptions were Shouto and Natsuo with Mimi, as well as Enji and Nanaroki with Rei. Shouto was gobsmacked that his parents put aside their disdain for each other (mostly Rei's toward Enji) to enter the reception together. Then again, it was nice to see them put on a united front for Fuyumi. Shouto didn't expect his parents to rekindle their relationship, nor did he want them to, but perhaps one day Enji could join the rest of them for a family gathering or two.

Naturally, Fuyumi and Keigo got the loudest applause upon entering. Halfway across the dance floor, they shared a quick kiss, which resulted in everyone cheering louder. Shouto ignored his growing dread about his speech to shower the newlyweds with adoration.