𝟓 - Loss of Freedom

♐︎ Sylvaine ♐︎
"How could all of this go so dreadfully wrong? This doesn't make any sense at all. They shouldn't have been able to locate us here." The haunting melody undergoes a intricate transformation, morphing into a captivating ballet of intertwined and harmonious sounds, culminating in a bone-chilling symphony. Echoes of men's shouts and sorrowful cries from my fellow pack members blend together from every direction. Meanwhile, the rain pours relentlessly, mingling with the salty beads of sweat and the deep crimson droplets of blood that adorn my weary and battered form. On the contrary, the soldiers conceal their faces behind a mask of somber determination, exerting their power as they force me to kneel. The weight of their presence presses heavily upon my shoulders, while the unyielding iron shackles cruelly cuts into my flesh, binding my wrists and rendering my hands useless behind my back. Helpless and subject to their mercy, my body quivers with a combination of fear and seething resentment.

"SAVIS... NOOO!" The resounding roar of Tego's cry, is full with despair, cutting through the chaos and overpowering the clamor of the pack. The sunlight casts a hazy radiance on his glistening silver fur, as he races with unyielding determination towards the cluster of men who held Savis captive. Disregarding the multitude of soldiers, he pushes forward, his visage displaying nothing but a potent combination of hatred and rage. In a cruel twist of fate, Savis's head sinks into the cold and unforgiving mud, while a relentless surge of blood gushes from the wide and gaping wound inflicted by a precisely aimed sword, penetrating deeply into his side. A feeble whimper escapes through his bleeding mouth, serving as a final plea for mercy, before his body succumbs to lifelessness and stillness. In that fleeting moment, his existence is abruptly extinguished, leaving behind a haunting silence that mockingly lingers in my ears.

"S-savis..." Whispering his name softly, I feel a surge of sorrow welling up within, readying itself to consume my somewhat composed demeanor. The sight of Tego's face contorting from disbelief to unrestrained fury, has become agonizing to witness. Tears blur my vision, as they stream down my cheeks, mingling with the rain and dirt that happens to stain my face. In that precise moment, as I witness the untamed rage simmering within him, the ferocity of his snapping jaws, unleashes a turbulent flood of vengeance upon the soldiers who are responsible for Savis's untimely demise. His primal instincts have completely taken control, his jaws clamping down with a strength fueled solely by anguish. Each bite is a testament to his heartache and love for Savis, as well as his unwavering determination to seek revenge. The soldiers, once confident in their power, now tremble in horror as they face the unstoppable force before them. Their weapons pale in comparison to his raw power, and their defenses crumble under his relentless assault. Blood stains the ground, mingling with his tears, as he tore through their ranks, leaving behind a path of devastation and death.

My voice cracking with emotion, a mixture of grief and despair. "T-TE-GO... D-DON'T." Pleading for him to stop, to regain control, but my words were drowned out by the chaos unfolding around us. Tego, is now completely consumed by his anger, and seemingly oblivious to my cries. His eyes, once filled with warmth and laughter, were now vacant, and replaced by a feral intensity. As he embraces the wolf's spirit wholeheartedly, the sight of his transformation from humanity to being feral has become a bone-chilling spectacle, leaving no room for anything but sheer horror. The pursuing soldiers quickly comprehend the utter futility of their attempts to suppress his unrelenting rage, as he fearlessly unleashes his wrath upon anyone brave enough to draw near. Clearly becoming evident to me; they are ill-equipped to face the immense magnitude of this sudden change in his behavior.

With my heart pounding and my breath catching in my throat, I continue to watch on with morbid fascination. Tego, is still mercilessly tearing apart another soldier, his powerful jaws easily crushing through bone and ripping flesh with a terrifying efficiency. The soldier's desperate screams rings out through the surrounding trees, a haunting sound that fills me with a chilling dread. Yet, it becomes a piercing cry for help, a plea for mercy that would ultimately go unanswered. The soldier's life coming to a gruesome end, as his body is torn to pieces. But then a shriek rang out, not from another soldier, but from my own lips. One of the soldiers that were keeping me on my knees has grabbed my hair, causing my head to jerk back suddenly and with great force, as I'm urged to look up at an approaching figure. My heart beating rapidly when glowering up at him as he confidently strides in my direction. It now has become clear to me that he's the one in charge of this ambush on my pack. His posture and demeanor leaving no room for doubt.