𝟑𝟔 - What Are Friends For?

♋︎ Calix ♋︎
I embraced the boy for the last time, he clung to me tightly, reluctant to let go. "Come on, sweetie." My friend gently pats the boy's back. "I have some treats inside if you would like to have some." Her voice came out genuinely kind-hearted. I am relieved when he releases his grip and enters the house with her. Thanking her with a smile just as she closes the door behind them. Leaving the home to continue on my search for Teva.

Scanning the streets and even peeked into the alleyways whenever I walked past them, but still no luck in finding her. "Where the hell are you?" My frustration is steadily increasing and which is causing me to groan audibly. "If only I had someone else who could help me with this." I passed my fingers through my hair, which was dampened with sweat. Turning the corner on a new street to search down in, but when I did, so I accidentally crashed into someone. "I am so sorry." Apologizing to the woman, and giving her a smile as a gesture of my sincerity. Nevertheless, my smile abruptly faded upon realizing the identity of the person I had bumped into.

"Ah, crap." Scratching the back of my neck. "Fancy seeing you here, Azara. W-what brings you to this lovely city? Seems quite far out of the way from our home in the town of Silva. Don't you think?" Nervously laughed, hoping to lighten the awkwardness between us.

Gulps as she narrowed her eyes. "Oh, I don't think so at all and my reason for being here is because of a bounty I am after."

"Bounty? Wow, t-that's um, exciting. W-who's the target?" Stepping away the second, she draws in closer.

"Hm, around my height, hair black as obsidian, bright blues eyes, and three broad cuts across the right portion of her face. Ring any bells?" She tilts her head. "And before you say anything. I already know from my sister's information that you know exactly who I'm talking about. So, let's cut the bullshit and get straight to the point. Where. Teva?"

"Funny that you mention that, um." Looking around at the passing people. "I have no idea." I found myself grinning widely, betraying my lying ass about the situation I currently found myself in with Azara. Jolts at the sound of her abrupt change in tone of voice. "What!? You lost a man-killing psychopath in the streets of Mons!"

"Yeeee-no." Shaking my head. "More like she ran away looking for someone."

"And who exactly is that?"

Rubbing my chin, thinking back towards all the times she mumbled in her sleep and when we went through her memories. "Her name starts with an S... I think." Squinting my eyes.

♒︎ Azara ♒︎
Facepalming at Calix horrendous way of trying to change the subject. "Who cares about that? I just want to know where she is?"

"Teva, or the one with the name that starts with an S?"

If I had something soft to hit my head against, I would do it in a heartbeat, but right now, I need to find her before she kills somebody. Grabbing hold of his arm, dragging him off in a random direction, hoping that by some miracle it was, in fact, the right way to Teva.

After some time walking the streets, I decided to strike up a conversation, aiming to acquire insight into why he would so foolishly run away with a homicidal maniac and as well as figure out how he managed not to get mauled by her.

"Calix w-."

"Let me guess." He interrupts brazenly. "Going to ask why I decided to run off with Teva, huh?"