𝟑𝟗 - Only The Beginning

♐︎ Sylvaine ♐︎
Wincing from the aching pain that's still enveloping my entire body from all the torturous sessions with Corvina. "Can we take a quick break?" Leaning against a marble pillar that happens to be one of the many that are laid out into a sort of architectural design for the massive garden we're currently escaping through. Paxson stops just a few feet ahead of me, glancing about to make sure we are alone.

"Come on, I know you're not up for all this running, but we're almost free from this place." He tenderly takes hold of my hand, leading me over to the far south wall. "Just over this wall leads away from the city towards a massive river that's just past a strip of forest."

"Ugh, alright." Continues to follow him through the gardens despite the physical strain on my body.

.

.

.

Nearly collapsed from the strenuous exercise, but I caught myself along with the help of Paxson. Both finally reaching the farthest wall from the palace. Glancing upwards to see it towering over us like a menacing giant. "How the hell do we get over this? I don't even think I have the energy to attempt such an impossible task." Panting, feeling my knees quaking to maintain my upper body to stay upright.

"Glad you asked." He somehow found the energy to be all optimistic. Watching him walk a few feet away to the left of me to a patch of hanging vines, but to me, they seemed too weak to hold up our weight. Furrowing my brows, skeptical about his crazy idea which he shoots me a look of "That's not what I'm going with." He then pulls back the vines to reveal a hole big enough for us to squeeze through instead. Relieved that we didn't have to climb the wall. Stumbling over to join him at the secluded opening and peered in to discover that the passageway stretches all the way through to where the woods on the opposite side were completely visible. "H-how did you manage to find this?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "Eh, just used my spare time to patrol the wall for any weak points and thanks to this discovery we have a way for an escape. So, let's not waste any more time. You should be the one to lead the way. I'll be right behind y-." Interrupted his speech with a kiss, and we embraced each other tightly. I held wrapped my arms around his neck while he held on to my waist, intensifying the moment together. Feeling my cheeks becoming warm as the sensation of butterflies fluttering inside my stomach. Pulling back just enough to breathe out the words. "I love you."

"I love you too." He kisses once more, but was short this time. "Come on, before we get too wrapped up in this feeling." He boops my nose with his, pulling free from my grasp and helping me inside as he follows suit. Rolling my eyes at his dorky behavior, shuffling myself through until the light of the sun shines upon my face. Taking in a deep inhale, relishing in the feeling of finally being free, but as I did so, a warm breeze wisps past me along with a faint howl of what seemed to be from a pack of wolves.

Instantly tears began to well up in my eyes, looking to the right of where I'm standing, I let out a gasp of joy because what I saw was none other than Tego and Savis along with the rest of my pack who lost their lives. Each of them howling in celebration at my triumphant escape from the place I once called hell. Blinking back the tears, feeling Paxson holding my hand. "Are you ready?" His voice pulled my gaze away from them so that it was on him now.

Nodding my head. "Yes, I am ready." Walking proudly and confidently beside him, squeezing his hand tightly and not even glancing back once at the place where we had both been held captive. It's in the past. What matters now is what is ahead of us. Our future in this messed up world.

♏︎ Shivani ♏︎
"Oh, my dear, how I've missed you." Taking a direct approach, Corvina positioned herself in front of me and firmly held my chin, compelling me to lock eyes with her. "Tell me why you went behind my back to go looking for this mutt?" Had to crane my head a bit because she was a good three inches taller than me, and that's not even counting the boots. "This isn't like you, Shivani." After removing her hand from my chin, she gently tucks some stray strands of my platinum blonde hair behind my ear. "So, are you going to answer or just stare up at me with that adorable puzzled expression of yours?"